Chapter Forty Five • Scars

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"You're doing really well Luna." Mary speaks to me as I sit on the bed in the infirmary. "All the swelling has gone down in your face, and you've gained a good amount of weight these last two weeks."

I've been back home for two weeks now.

I wish I could say that everything's gone back to normal.

I still get nightmares most nights, Jax being there with me until I finally calm down. Some days are harder than others. I keep trying to talk to my family and friends more but it's still difficult.

Asher has been doing school from home and let me tell you, that kid is a genius.

Jax and I decided to go back to our apartment, the fact that Kyle was in the basement of the house I was living and sleeping in terrified me more than I'd like.

When Jax told Asher that once we moved back to our house he'd have his own room he started crying. He said he didn't think he'd be moving in with us and legit wouldn't let Jax go after finding out.

"Even though you're doing really well you've still got a long way to go." Mary speaks. "The cuts on your body are still very fresh and will probably need a lot of time to heal, including your eye. Which reminds me, tomorrow I'm having a specialist come so they can check your eye. Are you okay with that?"

I nod my head at her words.

"Great, they should be here around noon tomorrow."

And with that I get off the bed and make my way towards the door.

"Oh, Luna." Mary speaks. "I know it's not my place, and you don't have to listen to anything I'm saying. I think that maybe seeing a therapist might help with everything going on, only if you're ready of course."

I stand there for a moment, letting her words sink in.

"I'll think about it." I say with a smile as I exit the room.

"How did it go?" Jax asks as he pushes himself off the wall.

"Good."

"That's good." He says as we begin to make our way towards the living room.

"Luna! Jax! Look." Asher says running over to us.

I crouch down to his height as I grab the paper he's holding towards me.

"Wow look at you, my little einstein." I speak as I look at his science test.

"I got a hundred percent! I can't believe it!" He says with a smile.

"Looks like a celebration is in order." Jax speaks as he crouches down with me in front of Asher.

"Can we get ice cream! Please." Asher begs.

"Of course we can." Jax says ruffling his hair before picking him up and throwing Asher over his shoulder.

I stand up and look at the two as Jax runs around, Asher on his shoulder laughing uncontrollably.

"He's a good kid." Baxter speaks from beside me.