Chapter Seven • Disappointed

(trigger warning: this chapter contains self-harm at the end of the chapter, please skip if it makes you uncomfortable)

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫 

After a very exhausting day and conversation revolving around my psycho ex, I finally make my way upstairs to my bedroom, Jax leading the way there. Once we reach my room, we both enter.

"I know it's late and you want to go to sleep but I just have a few things to run by you." He says.

"Of course, what's up?" I say as I slowly sit down on the bed.

Damm, this bed is comfy as hell.

"Well, since Kyle and probably the entire American Mafia knows that you and Lily are connected to us, you guys are gonna have to live here from now on."

"Ha ha very funny, nice one Jax." I say sarcastically.

I mean he can't be serious, can he?

"Luna I'm not joking, you and Lily are living here from now on until it's safe again." He says slightly annoyed.

"And how long will that take, you said it yourself, the Canadian and American Mafia's have been at war for decades now. Look, I've been dealing with Kyle for years now. I don't need you to jump in and save the day. I mean seriously! you want me to just move in here?" I say in disbelief.

Look, I know I may sound like a bitch but having my own place and my own life was something I worked so hard to get. I've spent my whole life being controlled by men and I'm not letting it happen again.

"Luna, I'm doing this for your own good. You'll continue to do college from here where I can keep an eye on you." His face is void of any emotion.

"I'm not just some girl you can push around." I say with a glare. "Do you really expect me to give up my life. What's next? I can't see my family or go to work either?"

"Actually yes, you aren't allowed to leave the property until I deem it safe." He grits.

"Seriously Jax, I'm not some prisoner that you can just lock up. I'm not gonna go out there and willingly put myself in danger or tell people about what happened."

"Well how are we supposed to know that? I mean it's kinda convenient right?" He spits out with venom.

"Excuse me?" I say in disbelief.

"I mean, we've been looking for Kyle Sanders for a year now, and all of a sudden this random  girl meets my brother and she just happens to be Kyle's ex girlfriend. Looks suspicious, especially since you didn't freak out about me being a Mafia Don." 

Did he really just say that to me?

And to think I was starting to like this guy.

"You know what Jax." I start. "I moved to this town to get away from everything and anything to do with Kyle. If the question you're asking me is if I knew about the Mafia thing then the answer is no. I knew he sold some drugs here and there but other than that I knew nothing." My voice turning shaky as I continue.

"He didn't let me do anything. I couldn't see my sister, I couldn't see Lily. I wasn't even allowed to have a job, I couldn't do anything!" My voice breaking as tears start welling in my eyes. "I used to stay home and wait for him like a fucking dog! Only for him to come home with his clothes out of place and hickey's all over his neck. Or the night's he would actually bring other women over and fuck them in the bed we slept in because I 'refused satisfy his needs' because I was 'selfish' for not giving him my virginity."