Chapter Twenty Three • Gas Station

𝙅𝙖𝙭'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"I really wish we had more than two days left here." Luna whispers as her head lays on my chest.

"Me too." I say, running my fingers through her hair.

I can't believe that she loves me back.

For the longest time I never thought I'd find someone who could love me, the real me. Being in the Mafia world is dangerous and not many people would risk their life just to be with someone, but Luna isn't just anyone. She accepted me and the world I live in and with her standing by my side, anything is possible.

Luna lifts her head off my chest, her tired eyes looking into mine. A small smile crosses her face.

"I love you." She says, connecting our lips together in a gentle kiss.

I can't help the smile that covers my face.

"I love you too." I mumble into the kiss.

Luna pulls away and drops her head back onto my chest.

"Come on, let's make breakfast." I say patting her ass before squeezing it.

"I don't wanna move." She groans out as she turns to lay on her back.

I let out a laugh as I got out of bed, making my way over to her side to pull her out of bed. Once I reach her I grip her hands and pull her into a standing position.

"Ah fuck."

I look at her confused before a knowing smirk covers my face.

"You say one word and I promise you last night will be the first and only time we ever have sex." She says, throwing a glare at me.

I quickly bite my bottom lip to suppress the laugh that wants to make its way out of my mouth. I reach out to help her walk but before I can she slaps my hands away and makes her way slowly out of the room.

"I don't need your help." She grumbles under her breath.

I stand there for a second smiling before following her downstairs.

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"Jax I swear to god if you don't hurry the fuck up." I say as I impatiently stand by the front door of the cabin.

We spent the last two days lounging around legit doing nothing but sleeping and eating.

What?

Sex makes you tired and hungry.

"Jesus woman, I'm coming." He mumbles under his breath walking down the stairs.

We're heading back to his parents place right now for a New Year's Eve party. We weren't going to go but Xander threatened us and let me tell you, he's scary when he needs to be.

"You got everything?" I question.

He simply nods at me.

I turn around and start to make my way out of the house but not before a hand harshly lands on my ass. I immediately spin around and meet a smirking Jax.