Chapter Sixteen • I Promise

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

Once we got back to the house I immediately jumped in the shower. My limbs are aching from all the fighting, my head is throbbing from the alcohol as well as the impact from the wall and floor. I stand under the hot water as it washes away all my thoughts.

I know I should be scared or shaken up about the fact that I got attacked again but something was different this time. I was different this time. My whole relationship with Kyle consisted of me being submissive, and if I wasn't I would get beaten. But with Jax it's different, even if I'm being submissive to him I know that I still have complete control. Tonight was the first time I truly felt beautiful, seen, and strong.

Looking at that man and hearing him mention Kyle didn't scare me, in fact it fueled the fire within me. I don't know exactly what Kyle and the Americans have done to Jax and his Mafia, but I'm sure as hell gonna fight for not only myself, but for them as well. They're my family, and no one hurts my family and gets away with it, not anymore.

After I finish my shower I dry myself off and throw on a pair of Jax's sweatpants and one of his hoodies. I make my ways downstairs to see where everyone is. When I walk into the kitchen I'm greeted by Baxter.

"Hey sweet pea, how are you?" He asks, pulling me into a hug.

I smile.

"I'm good. My head just hurts so it could be worse." I say shrugging my shoulders, pulling away from the hug.

"Here I made you something to eat." He says sliding me over a plate with a sandwich on it. "Once you're done eating, take these pills. Try and get some sleep okay." He says leaving a kiss on my head before walking away.

Even though Baxter and I haven't known each other long, he's like my brother. He makes Lily happy and as long as he treats her well I support it. You can see how much he cares about Jax and his family. Sometimes I think he's too good to be wrapped up in a mess like this.

I let out a sigh and slowly began to eat my sandwich.

I wonder where Jax is?

𝙅𝙖𝙭'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"We can do this the hard way or the easy way." I grit out at the man strapped down to the chair.

"I ain't telling you shit." He spits out at me, shaking in the chair out of fear.

"The hard way it is." I say.

I walk over to the table to weapons. Oliver, Xander, and my father all stand along the back wall watching. I pick up the brass knuckles and slip them on my right hand. I stalk towards the man in question, towering over him.

"What's your name?" I question with a bored expression.

"Tyler." He says, swallowing the lump that's formed in his throat.

"Well Tyler, I'm gonna need you to cooperate with me here or it isn't gonna end well for you." I say looking at him with a fake pout.

"Look I don't know shit man. Kyle has a small circle of trusted people. Everyone he sent to attack you guys tonight are just nobodies who mean nothing to him." He says. "I don't know anything I swear." He says, not meeting my eyes.