Chapter Fifty • Ready or Not

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"What would you like for breakfast?" I ask Asher who sits on a stool across the counter from me.

He smiles at me before speaking.

"Strawberry waffles."

I look behind Asher and see Jax, a soft smile on his face at his and Asher's matching answers.

Asher turns around to look at Jax for a minute before smiling at him.

"Good morning daddy! Look what I drew yesterday!" He says as he ushers Jax to sit next to him. "This is you, and this is mommy, and this is me and Bear!"

In case you were wondering where Bear has been, ask Oliver and Xander.

The little shits dognapped him and kept him hostage and only gave him back when Asher said he would ugly cry if they didn't.

He sleeps at the end of Asher's bed every night.

Cute little fucker.

It's been a few days since that night and let me tell you, Jax hasn't stopped apologizing to Asher and I.

Like seriously.

It's kinda getting annoying.

"After breakfast we have to get ready cause you have an appointment with Mrs.Taylor today and afterwards we're going to buy a gift for Noah's birthday party this weekend." I say as I pour the waffle batter into the waffle maker.

That's right, we have a waffle maker.

"Mommy, can Aunt Lily and Uncle Baxter come over soon. I miss them." Asher speaks with a pout.

Lily and I haven't spoken since Oliver's birthday. I'm not mad at her, I never was. I'm just so embarrassed and mad at myself for speaking to her the way I did.

"How about we invite them over for dinner tonight?" Jax says.

Asher starts bouncing up and down in his seat in excitement.

"I'll take that as a yes." Jax laughs.

I put the waffles on two plates and place them in front of them, both of them digging in instantly.

"Asher, not too much maple syrup." I say as I watch him drown his waffles in them.

"But daddy does it." He says pointing at Jax who slowly looks up at me and sends me an innocent smile.

It's like having two kids.

I just shake my head and laugh before turning around and start to wash the dishes.

"Asher put your plate in the sink please." Jax tells Asher once he finishes eating.

Asher lets out a sigh before cutely stomping over towards me and putting his plate in the sink.

"You need help getting dressed and brushing your teeth?" Jax asks.

"God dad, I know how to dress myself." Asher scoffs as he places his hands on his hips and walks towards his bedroom.