Chapter Forty Two • Safe and Sound

𝙅𝙖𝙭'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"Who the fuck makes the theme for an engagement party masquerade." Oliver asks as he tightens his tie.

"Kyle." Everyone answers in response.

Kyle's been broadcasting to the Mafia world for the last month about his engagement. Quite frankly, the dude doesn't know when to shut up. He said he wants everyone to show up with masquerade masks cause it will be "so fucking cool" as he puts it.

"Are you guys ready?" Dimitri asks.

This last month was exhausting. The endless days and nights we all spent training, barely sleeping. Everything we did was in order to get to this point in time. I swear we all slept in that gym for the last month.

"Ready." I say as I walk towards the front door.

Dimitri puts his hand on my shoulder as I turn back to look at him.

"You need to be careful tonight Jax." He says. "You've worked hard this last month to get back to where you were before everything happened, but that doesn't mean that it can't happen again. Just, please be careful."

"I will." I say patting him on the back.

As I walk past the others I see Xander and Oliver in a heated discussion.

Oliver was scared about letting Xander come on this mission. Even though Xander's worked hard and has almost regained all his mobility he still isn't a hundred percent better. He still has some trouble walking depending on the day and he gets exhausted easily. He agreed on being a look out tonight rather than his normal job but Oliver's still scared.

Oliver lets out a deep breath before he kisses Xander and walks outside to the cars, everyone following suit.

Let's go get my girl back.

•••

"This is the most disgusting shit I've ever put in my mouth." Damien says, spitting out some random food into a napkin. "The guy is a millionaire, he couldn't afford better food for his own engagement party."

"God I'm so fucking bored." My dad yawns.

This really is the worst party I've been to.

There's a mass amount of people wearing masks, walking around and mingling. Not once has Kyle been seen, it's just a bunch of random old people faking smiling and acting like they give a shit.

"Hey pretty boy, wanna dance." A girl says coming up to me.

I don't even bother looking at the girl, keeping my eyes straight as I look around the room for any signs of Luna.

"Playing hard to get, I like it." She purrs as her hand reaches up to touch me.

I grab her wrist in my hand, my eyes still not drifting towards her.

"I have a girlfriend, a girlfriend in which I can tell is a million times prettier than you'll ever be, and I haven't even looked at you." I say with a bored tone. "Now if you don't mind, can you and that disgusting fucking perfume you're wearing leave. It's giving me a fucking headache."

She lets out a scoff and walks away, looking over her shoulder at me before she runs into a waiter and falls flat on her ass.

"HA." Xander laughs out, multiple people turning to look at him.

He looks away from everyone as he shoves some food in his mouth.

"How the fuck are you eating that." Dimitri asks with a grossed out expression.