Chapter Thirty Seven • The Bad Man

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

Kyle didn't say anything as he stormed out of the room with a scared look on his face, his men following behind him instantly.

I had a miscarriage.

I didn't know I was pregnant.

I'm a horrible person, a horrible mother.

I should've noticed, how did I not notice?

It's my fault.

The cell door opens, a person walking in and crouching down in front of me. I don't look up to meet their eyes, I continue to stare at the blood that coats the inside of my thighs.

So much blood.

"Luna." The voice softly speaks.

Sofia.

I look up at her, my eyes staring at her confused. Her eyes are clouded with tears, her face badly bruised from what I can only assume from being hit multiple times.

"I'm here to take you to see the doctor, can I touch you." She asks.

I don't say anything, my face is void of any emotion.

I can't feel anything.

All the emotions I used to feel,

Love.

Happiness.

Sadness.

Fear.

They're all replaced by the feeling of numbness.

I give her a curt nod as she helps me off the floor, looping her arm around my waist as we make our way out of the cell and towards the infirmary.

"I know that what I say won't mean anything, that you probably won't believe me." She whispers. "But I never wanted to hurt you or your family, never wanted to interfere with your and Jax's relationship. I didn't have a choice."

I don't say anything.

"For what it's worth." She says as she turns to look at the side of my face. "I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. I'm so fucking sorry. I promise I'll explain everything to you, I promise I'll help you get out of here."

Before I know it we make it to the infirmary, a middle aged woman standing in the room with a small smile on her face.

"You must be Luna, my name's Lorraine. I'm the doctor here. With your permission I'd like to take a look at what's going on, is that okay." She gently asks.

I give her a nod before she leads me over to the table, asking me to lay down. Sofia sits on my left, watching intensely.

"I'm going to begin now Luna, you may feel some pain. Please let me know if it hurts too much." She says as she lifts my shirt up.

I'm not sure what comes over me but I reach my left hand out and grab Sofia's hand, squeezing it in mine. Sofia responds instantly as she rubs her thumb back and forth in a soothing manner.

"You have severe trauma to your abdomen." Lorraine speaks. "With your permission I'd like to do an ultrasound."

I nod giving her permission.

Everything happens so fast. The feeling of something cold being spread on my stomach, the feeling of something pressing into me as it moves around my stomach. Sofia continues to hold my hand as she speaks encouraging words every once in a while.

It's like I'm having an out of body experience, I can't feel anything but I know everything that's happening to me right now.

"Okay..." Lorraine starts as her and Sofia helps me sit up. "I can confirm that you were three weeks pregnant, but unfortunately you had a miscarriage due to the trauma you suffered." She says softly. "I'm going to give you this pill to take, it will make sure that the fetus is completely removed from your uterus, it ensures that you don't get an infection."