Chapter Twenty Two • Cabin in The Woods

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"MERRY CHRISTMAS." A voice yells before a weight is placed on top of Jax and I.

"Xander what the fuck." Jax says, trying to push his little brother off of us.

"Xander go away, I'm trying to sleep." I groan out, pulling the blanket over my head.

Xander rips the blanket off my head as he places his entire body on top of mine, cuddling into me.

"No can do sweetheart, we got presents to open." He says, placing a kiss against my cheek.

Jax looks over at us and tries to push Xander off me. The two of them start bickering with each other while I lay there watching with a sad smile.

I wish my sister would answer my calls, at least then I'd have some family to spend the holidays with.

"You guys have ten minutes to get ready, your asses better be planted on the couch in the living room or I'm returning your gifts." He says with a glare as he walks out of the bedroom.

"Tell me why we agreed to spend the night here again?" Jax says, pulling me into his arms.

"I wanted us to all be together on Christmas Eve." I say as I bury my head into his chest, trying to fall back to sleep.

"She didn't answer, did she?" He asks, running his fingers through my hair.

"Nope, but it doesn't matter. You and your family are more than enough." I say looking up and kissing his cheek.

He gently grabs my chin so I can't look away. "My family is your family."

I give him a small smile.

"Let's get up before Xander sends out a search party." I laugh as I get out of bed and head into the bathroom.

•••

"Thank you Oliver, I love them." I say holding my new pair of black boots.

You can never have enough shoes.

So far I've gotten some new makeup from Lily, new boots from Oliver, a few new books from Baxter, a scooby doo onesie from Xander which is matching with his, of course. And a very beautiful matching necklace and bracelet set for John and Cynthia.

Jax and I have yet to exchange gifts, he said he wants to do it while we're alone. I'm honestly terrified he won't like mine, I'm not the best at gift giving if you didn't know.

"Okay, I'm gonna go start on breakfast. Everyone hangs out while I cook." Cynthia says standing up.

"I'll help," John speaks.

"Me too." Baxter and Lily say in unison.

The four of them head towards the kitchen.

"Yeah um, Oliver and I are gonna go upstairs for a few minutes." Xander says trying to act cool.

The two of them practically sprint upstairs, Jax and I looking at each other with knowing looks.