Chapter Eighteen • Together

𝙅𝙖𝙭'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"LUNA OPEN YOUR EYES" I yell in desperation as my hands that are soaked in her blood cradle her body. "Where's that damn ambulance." I grit out to anyone who's listening.

"I didn't call the ambulance, our men should be here soon." My father says as he frantically rips apart table cloths to use for Luna's wound.

"What the fuck do you mean you didn't call the ambulance. She's dying." I exclaimed as tears ran down my cheeks.

"You and I both know that we couldn't call 911, they would ask too many questions about what happened. You know that." He says as he looks at me defeated.

I don't respond, I just sit on the floor with Luna's body laying in my lap, holding her tight to me as Xander keeps pressure on her wound.

Why did she do this?

She shouldn't have taken a bullet for me. She shouldn't be lying here dying in my arms, it should be me.

It should've been me.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when a bunch of men bust through the door followed by Mary. She quickly runs over to us, kneeling down on the ground as she starts looking over Luna.

"She's losing too much blood, we need to get her out of here now." She says as she ushers some of my men over to presumably pick her up.

"No, I can do it myself." I say as I hold her tighter.

"You have a stab wound in your shoulder as well as a dozen other injuries, you're in no condition to be lifting anything. I can assure you she'll be safe with us." Mary says as she looks behind me before nodding her head.

Before I know it, multiple sets of hands are wrapped around my body, pulling me away from my girl.

"LET ME GO." I say fighting against their hold. "SHE NEEDS ME, I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF HER." I scream out an agony as I watch them rush her out the door. "PLEASE." I sob as my body falls to the floor.

Xander falls with me, pulling me into his embrace. I shove my face into his neck as sobs leave my mouth.

"It's okay, everything will be okay." He whispers as his own tears stream down his face.

•••

After we returned back to the house I immediately headed towards the infirmary. I walk by a hysterical Lily asking every question she can. I ignore everyone as I continue walking through the house. Once I get down there I run through the doors.

What I see almost kills me.

Luna's body is laying on the table as Mary and some nurses stand above her body yelling out orders.

"CLEAR." Mary yells as a shock is sent through Luna's body. "Charge it again." Mary says.

I stand there completely frozen taking in everything around me, the only sound I can hear is the flatline coming from Luna's heart monitor. Before I can fully register what's happening I'm pulled outside of the room.

"Mom." I say as I fall into her embrace. "Her heart is-isn't beating." I say as I begin to gasp for air.

"Jax baby, you need to calm down." My mother says, pulling my face into her hands.