Chapter Thirty Five • A Little Bit Longer

𝙅𝙖𝙭'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"My team will consist of Oliver, Santiago, Jacques, Hiroshi and ten of my men." I speak out to a room full of listening ears and serious eyes. "Luna's team will consist of Xander, Elena, Celine, Sakura, Matteo and another ten of our men."

My eyes find Matteo's in the crowd of people, my eyes boring into his with warning. He stares back at me with a slight look of fear, gulping down the lump in his throat.

"The rest of my men will split into two teams, back up for me and Luna. This is a serious mission and there's no room for mistakes. We go in there quietly and quickly. The goal isn't to die but to take out any Americans you see. If anyone locks eyes on Kyle I need you to take him down, yet keep him alive. Am I understood."

The room erupts in nods and words of approval coming from my men and the others who are joining us.

Luna comes up to my side whispering in my ear. "I need to make an announcement."

I look at her confused before nodding my head and moving over to the side.

"A lot of you here know me as Luna Wilson,
Jax's girlfriend." She laughs. "I know I haven't been here very long, and I know it's difficult to trust someone in this lifestyle, especially in such a short time. But I want to thank each and every one of you for showing me hospitality and respect. Today I have an announcement to make that may shock you." She speaks almost nervously. "I am no longer Luna Wilson, the broken and damaged girl you all met six months ago. Today standing before you is Luna Ivanov, the new Donna of the Russian Mafia."

My eyes widen at her words, my lips opening in a silent gasp before a smile makes its way onto my face. My eyes scan the room and look over at our group of friends, their mouths wide open as their jaws are practically touching the floor.

"That's my baby!" Xander yells out clapping his hands, our men following suit as the room erupts in cheers.

A beautiful smile lights up Luna's face, her father and brother standing on each side of her as they lovingly rub her back.

"I also would like to mention that my brother, Damien, will be acting as my second in command. I'm asking each and every one of you to trust me, and I promise I won't disappoint." She finishes as she makes her way over to me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask pulling her into my arms.

"I only accepted the position last night, I didn't wanna stress you out more than you already were with tonight's mission. Besides, your reaction was definitely worth the wait." She says as a mischievous smile makes its way onto her face.

I lean down and kiss her, smiles covering our faces. She pulls back to look at me for a minute, a look I can't distinguish passing through her eyes.

"Come with me." She speaks softly.

She holds my hand in hers as we make our way out of the room full of people, no one noticing our disappearance. She takes me outside to the backyard where the greenhouse is. Once we enter it we're surrounded by green and flowers, the sun setting shining through the top of the glass roof.

She sits down, straddling the small bench that lays in the middle of the room. I follow her actions, our bodies facing one another. She reaches her hand out and begins playing with my hair.

"We need to talk." She whispers as her eyes watch her hand that's in my hair.

"Oh no, are you breaking up with me?" I joke.

She doesn't say anything in response, a small smile on her face as she gently shakes her head no.

"I need you to make a promise." She says, her eyes finally meeting my eyes. "If anything bad happens tonight, I need you to promise me that you won't sacrifice yourself for me. If anything happens I need you to promise that you won't risk everything to come save me, that you'll walk away and never look back."