Chapter Nine • Bodyguard

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

The drive back to the house is silent. Neither of us has spoken a word since we left the mall, I mean what is there really to say.

I continue to look out the window thinking about anything and everything. I don't notice that we've made it back to the house until Jax gently taps my shoulder.

"Luna, hey we're home." He says softly.

"Oh, okay." I say as I undo my seatbelt, opening the door and making my way to the house.

As we step inside, Jax immediately grabs my hand and leads me to presumably his bedroom.

We enter what I now know as his room.

Wow, I didn't really pay attention when I was in here a few days ago.

The room is a mix of blacks, greys, and navy blues. Surprisingly very neat and clean.

Jax ushers me to sit in the middle of his bed. I do as he says as he disappears into the bathroom, returning moments later with what seems to be a first aid kit.

He takes a seat on the bed in front of me, cross legged.

"Give me your arm." He speaks with a small voice.

I raise my arm and gently place it in his hand.

He slowly rolls up my sleeve, showing off my many cuts. I watch as he stares at them, a thousand thoughts running through his head before he finally picks up the disinfectant and cotton pad.

"This will probably sting, let me know if you need me to stop." He says, looking into my eyes with concern.

"This ain't my first rodeo, I'll be fine." I say trying to make a joke, only he doesn't find it very funny.

He ignores my comment and begins cleaning my cuts. Some of them sting more than others, a few of them start bleeding a little bit.

After he finishes cleaning them, he puts some gauze on the cuts and finishes by wrapping my wrist with a tension bandage. We sit in silence for what feels like years until he breaks it.

"I'm so sorry Luna." His tone defeated, unwilling to look me in the eyes.

"Hey, look at me. Please." I whisper as I grab the side of his face, turning it so he can look at me.

I slowly move closer to him, looking him in the eyes deeply.

"This is not your fault okay. This is something that I've been struggling with for years now. This isn't your fault." I tell him with full sincerity, yet all he does is shake his head.

"It is my fault, if I wasn't such a dick to you this wouldn't have happened. I'm so sorry I ever doubted you, I know you would never do that to me or my family." He says as his eyes turn glossy.

"Well even though you did hurt my feelings I'm not mad at you. I mean from your standpoint it does look suspicious, so I understand you doubting me. As for you feeling guilty, don't. We're human, we make mistakes. I'm not going to hold it against you because I know you're a good person who wouldn't hurt me intentionally. You're a good person Jax." I say as I stroke his cheek with my thumb.