Chapter Four • Dimples

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"Are you serious Luna! I mean look at you, you're dressed like a fucking slut." He spits at me with venom.

"He touched ME okay, I wanted to tell you how creepy your so-called 'best friend' is but I'M a slut? Some boyfriend you are." I scoff as I turn to walk away.

Only I don't make it very far. My wrist is yanked back, being spun until my back crashes with the wall, knocking all the air out of my lungs.

"You wanna repeat that you little bitch." Kyle speaks dangerously close to my face. Only that's not the thing I'm focusing on. He called me a little bitch.

Just like dad used to.

"ANSWER ME." He screams, veins popping out of neck, face turning red.

"What do you want me to say?" Trying to keep my voice from breaking. "I thought you'd care o-or believe me but clearly you don't." I say with tears in my eyes.

"Oh, now you're gonna play the victim and cry." He scoffs. "Should've listened when they said you were a cheating skank." He says looking at me with disgust.

"I'm the cheater Kyle!" I yell, done with his behaviour. "How many times have I walked in on you with other girls, huh?" I say getting more upset by the minute. "You always blame me for your actions, simply because I won't have sex with you." I sob.

"God, I should've left when I had the chance-" I get cut off with a slap that sends me flying to the floor.

I sit there completely in shock.

Kyle hit me, my boyfriend hit me.

Blood coating the inside of my mouth, just like it did when I was a little girl.

Kyle walks closer to me, crouching down as I back away as far as I can into the wall. He reaches out his hand to touch my face, I flinch at the action.

"Oh my sweet, sweet girl." He coos at me. "If you didn't behave like such a whore, we wouldn't be in this situation now would we?" He says it as more of a statement rather than a question.

I remain silent, still trying to process that he hit me.

"ANSWER ME WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU." He screams in my face.

I let out an involuntary cry.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry. You know what happens when you make me mad." He says, rubbing my swollen cheek. "I can look past it this one time, but if it happens again, you know what will happen."

I nod my head in agreement, hoping when I wake up in the morning, this is all just a nightmare.

"Good girl, now go get ready for bed." He finishes with a cold sloppy kiss to my cheek.

That was the first time he hit me.

Only it wouldn't be the last.

•••

I sat there, blankly staring ahead of me.