Chapter Five • Do You Trust Me?

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

I wake up to the sound of the front door opening. Jumping up out of bed, body full of tension.

God please don't let it be him, please.

I stand in my bedroom huddled against the wall. I don't even remember falling asleep. I guess being awake for two days straight will do that to you. I look at the time on my phone.

Seven O'clock.

I slept all day. Damn. I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear the person walking closer to my door, I don't know what to do. I see one of my college textbooks and pick it up to defend myself.

What? They're heavy.

I see the doorknob start to turn, the only thing I can hear is my heartbeat. I raise the textbook in my hands, ready to hit whoever is there, just as my door opens. I charge at them, screaming like a mad man.

"Luna! Oh my God are you crazy!" Screams Lily putting her hands up to cover her face.

"Lily, you scared me half to death." I say with a look of disbelief.

"I didn't mean to, am I not allowed to be in my own apartment." She says.

I mean she does have a point.

"No you are, it's just, things have happened since you left."

"What happened, are you okay?" She rushes over, checking my body for any injuries.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just, you should sit down."

•••

"Oh my God." Lily says, trying to absorb all the information I've told her about the phone calls and the envelope "Luna, do you think it's really him?" She whispers, as if he can hear us.

"It has to be him, who else would it be." I say defeated.

Lily stares off into nothing for a few minutes before turning to me.

"Look I know we aren't the party type, but maybe we should go out tonight. We can get all dressed up and just have a good time, get your mind off things." She speaks with a hopeful tone.

"Yeah, maybe. I just feel like he's watching us at all times now." I say with a chill running through my body.

"Well let's go out, I mean being around multiple people is probably safer."

"Yeah you're right." I say tiredly, running a hand through my hair.

"Let's. Get. READY." She yells excitedly.

I missed my best friend.