Chapter Six • Didn't See That Coming

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

We've been driving for what feels like hours now, even though I know it's only been about ten minutes. I'm still confused about this whole situation.

How did Jax know where I was? Where did he get the gun, and how is he so good at shooting? Who are his 'men'? And what's the warehouse?

I have so many questions but I'm in too much pain to care right now. Jax is currently holding me, like he's scared I'll disappear if he lets go of me. I shift in his lap, trying to get comfortable. I let out a painful cry.

"Hey, you're okay. Everything's gonna be okay." He whispers into my hair, kissing my head over and over again.

This feels nice.

"Once we get home you can get cleaned up and then I'll take you to the infirmary to get your wounds treated."

Infirmary? He has a infirmary in his house?

"Okay." I speak, throat dry and painful.

"I know you have a lot of questions, once you're checked out we'll sit down and I'll explain everything to you. I promise." He says looking into my eyes.

His eyes rake over my bloody and bruised face. I can't see the guilt swarming in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I should've gotten there sooner." His eyes turning glossy.

I look at him confused.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, you didn't do this to me." I say trying to reassure him.

He doesn't reply, but I know he heard me. He leans down, putting his face into my hair, repeatedly kiss my head.

This feels good.

The car ride isn't much longer, the sight of lights shining in the distance catches my attention.

We pull up to a set of gates. Really big gates. The security guard stationed there takes a look at Jax and simply nods his head, opening the gates for us to enter. Once we pull up to the front of the house, the front doors open.

A panicked Lily comes running out.

"Luna! Are you okay? They wouldn't let me see you." She says, tears running down her face as she rips open the car door.

I can't help but laugh.

Always acting like a protective mother, even if I am older than her.

"I'm okay Lily, really. I'm just happy Baxter took you home safely." I say, turning to Baxter and giving him a small smile.

He kindly returns it.

I stand up out of the car, only to be hit with excruciating pain. I let out a involuntary cry.

"Luna, hey come here." Jax says coming to my side.

I turn to face him completely, he looks at me for a second contemplating something. Jaxs bends down, his big hands grabbing the back of my thighs.