Chapter Forty Three • Hold Me, Please

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

The last few hours have been a complete blur.

Actually, the last few months have been a complete blur.

After that day Kyle left me to die, yet again, I just laid there waiting for death to come and finally take me. Only he didn't, lucky me.

I'm not entirely sure what happened, or if it really happened, but Jax was there. He came and saved me, Xander as well.

But they're dead.

My mind must be playing tricks on me again.

Tomorrow I'll wake up and be back in that horrible cell, alone and afraid.

I don't remember anything he said to me, I only remember nodding my head at his questions and how warm my body became when he pulled me into his arms.

I don't remember the ride back to the house, or when Jax carried me inside. I don't remember everyone surrounding me and asking a bunch of questions, Jax telling them to back off as he brought me to the infirmary.

I remember but I don't.

It's like everything I remember is from a movie, as if I wasn't really there, even though I know I was. It's like I'm having an out of body experience and all I want to do is yell and scream but nothing comes out, I'm just forced to sit there and watch myself shut down.

"-Luna." Jax's voice says pulling me out of my thoughts as I slowly turn my head to look at him.

"Mary's going to check you out. Is that okay?"

I give a short and simple nod as he hesitantly steps to the side.

"Jax I'm going to have to ask you to leave the room while I perform the examination." Mary speaks.

His face hardens. "Hell no, I'm staying with her."

"I know you just got her back, and I know that letting her out of your sight is the last thing you want to do. But please, I need you to leave the room."

He stands there for a moment before letting out a deep sigh as he walks over, leaning in closer to me before his body stills. He tensely stands up straight and clears his throat as he turns around and leaves the room.

"I'm going to need you to take off the jacket so I can check your body, are you comfortable with that Luna." She asks with the softest expression.

I nod my head as she begins to slowly undo Jax's jacket that's wrapped around my body. Once it's off I'm left completely bare in front of her, her eyes looking over my beaten and bloody body with a painful look.

She begins to gently clean the cuts, assessing each one with care.

"These cuts are deep and will definitely need stitches." She softly speaks. "Unfortunately a vast majority of them are infected from being left untreated so we will need to start you on some IV medication immediately."

After giving me an IV and cleaning my cuts and stitching the ones that need it, she makes her way back round to face me.

"I need to take a look at your eye."

I say nothing as I move the hair away from my face, the jagged cut covering the right side of my face coming into view.

She cradles my face in her hands as she begins to wipe away the blood, the once agonizing pain no longer there, just like the rest of my body.

I can't feel anything.

When you're in pain for so long you just-become numb, numb to physical and emotional pain.