Chapter Forty One • Welcome to Boot Camp

𝙅𝙖𝙭'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"What is this shit." I say as I pull my head away from Lily's hold.

She smacks the back of my head. "It's a face mask you idiot, I've told you like five times already. Now sit still." She says, grabbing the back of my head and pulls it closer to her so she can finish putting it on.

"You know what, I'm happy I went with the pink. It's definitely my colour." Xander says, showing off his newly painted hot pink nails.

Don't ask me how or why but Lily somehow convinced me to let her paint my nails.

Purple's definitely my colour.

"I remember being in high school and spending every weekend at Luna's house." Lily says as she shoves some popcorn into her mouth. "Whenever things got bad her house was an escape from everything. And her mom, that woman did things for me that not even my own mother would do."

"I wish I had met her mom." I say.

"Oh boy would she have loved you." Lily says with a laugh. "That woman would've tried marrying you on the spot."

We all let out a laugh.

"God Luna loves this movie." Xander says as he watches the tv, the movie Scream playing on it. "I remember shortly after she moved in here I had told her I've never seen it before and she made me sit down and watch every single one. I think we went to sleep at like six am that night." He laughs.

"I miss waking up to her giving me a blow job." I say.

Lily and Xander both groan out in disapproval as they throw popcorn and candy at me.

"I'm just joking." I say with a laugh.

I'm not joking.

"I'll never forget the first day I took her out. I had rented out a whole book store, which I'm pretty sure she knew about. I just stood there and watched how immersed she became while looking through the books, like everything and everyone around her disappeared. She looked so beautiful and she didn't even know it. After that we went out to eat somewhere and I'll never forget the smile that was plastered on her face the whole day, the way it reached her eyes. When I brought her back to her apartment that night I wanted to kiss her so bad but I was afraid of fucking up so I gave her a kiss on the forehead, and when I pulled back she looked at me like she knew me, really knew me. At that moment I knew I needed her in my life, for the rest of my life..." I say deep in thought as I trail off.

I don't notice the few tears that have made it down my face until I'm pulled out of my thoughts as Lily's timer goes off.

"Time to remove the masks!" She squeals.

After washing the masks off we make our way back into the living room, our heads turning at the sound of the front door opening.

"Lily, I'm back." Baxter yells from the hallway. "The trial ended early so I decided to-" He cuts himself off as he looks at the three of us and all of Lily's things she brought that are scattered everywhere, a look of shock on his face.

"You did face masks without me?" He asks, offended.

Xander, Lily and I all look at each other confused.

Guess I'll go fuck myself.

"Baxter are you fucking blind-"

But before Lily can finish her sentence Baxter already has me tackled to the ground in a hug. I smile as I wrap my arms around him, Xander and Lily watching us with smiles. Baxter leans up and stares at me for a minute before he punches my arm.