Chapter 69: The Lonely Man

"Namjoon... I know it's a lot for you, I really appreciate it and I'm sorry for rushing you like this! I didn't... I didn't want to mention him to you..." Jimin apologized while Namjoon only continued to drive and let out a soft chuckle to himself.

"I respect that you tried your best to hide him from me, Jimin. I understand and respect that entirely. I just... won't trust him or won't want to see him until I am ready, okay? But just know, I'm doing this for you. Because I know you and I like you, Park Jimin," Namjoon assured. He could feel the anxiety slipping through Jimin's fingers to the point where he was no longer screaming and rushing him at all.

"Thank you... thank you, so much, Namjoon..." Jimin whispered as he pressed his head against the window and only hoped to think of more positive thoughts. "Maybe... it's not that bad... maybe he's okay and this could all be something so small!"

"I won't agree, but I also don't think you should lose your mind. Whatever it is, I know you are going to see him again. If all you say is true," Namjoon repeated to himself and still found it difficult to even think of Jungkook as something so harmless. "Then, I'm sure there will be a way out of this for the both of you."

Namjoon's words were comforting, caring and well thought out. It was all enough for Jimin to think of many scenarios that led to something so small. But, if only he really knew what was at stake right at that very moment. When the road seemed to be longer than usual, they eventually stopped right outside Jungkook's home.

"Woah... that car looks very luxurious..." Namjoon pointed out as Jimin looked towards the direction of the expensive car parked outside of his partner's home.

"That... that car isn't Hoseok's..." Jimin whispered to himself and bolted his gaze from the car to the front door. "Something doesn't seem right..."

"You should go check on him... they did tell you to hurry!" The older man continued on. Leaving Jimin to feel the beat of his own heart race in the emptiness within his chest. Not being able to sense Jungkook's artificial heart beat at the same time as his was something only he could feel. But, in a moment like this, he couldn't feel it at all. He was worried and negative thoughts began to swarm his mind instantly.

"Thank you for everything, Namjoon!" The boy spoke out instantly and ran out of the car, holding his jacket closed as he raced to the front door and knocked very quickly. Yet, with every second to the minute that took longer than expected, Jimin finally tried for the door knob to realize that it was left unlocked this whole time.

He spent no other second to lose; Jimin quickly pushed the door forward and opened the door before looking around the room to see Taehyung holding onto what seemed to be Hoseok. He couldn't tell what was happening until the man being held in a locked back hug, finally acknowledged the young man at the door.

"Jimin!" Hoseok spoke out and let out a nervous laugh. "Weird how this is our second time meeting! Ah, I'll spare the introduction..."

"What-"

"Keep your voice down! If they hear us, they will lock the door..." Taehyung whispered as he continued to look at Jimin. "I'm sorry..."

"What's happening?" Jimin asked in a softer whisper while he closed the door behind himself very softly. "Where's Jungkook? And why are you holding onto him like that, Taehyung?"

"Kim Seokjin, the creator said Taehyung can't let go of me...not until they're done taking Jungkook apart! It is a demand and he can't break out of it. But, there's no time to explain..." Hoseok whispered and nudged his head forward to where the hallway was. "Go inside Jungkook's room, there is a journal within a wardrobe, take it out and go down the hallway to the last door! Don't make a sound..."