Chapter 29: Follow My Lead

The second Jungkook's eyes pulled apart; exposing the bright gleam over his glass and doll-like eyes, he noticed that he was laying down over a steel surgery table. With the thought of Hoseok telling him many things prior, he suddenly became nervous and looked around while the hue of his eyes died into a grey tone. Fearing what Hoseok might have seen when he was powered off.

"Don't panic," Hoseok called out to the young android and pushed himself away from the dual monitors where he rolled on a chair. "I didn't do anything but give you what you wanted..."

"You... you made a big deal about not giving it to me before, why did you give in now?" Jungkook suddenly asked; continuing to blink until his grey stare no longer displayed in his eyes. "What was the meaning of that if you ended up giving in at the end?"

"Nothing... I just felt kind, that's all," Hoseok lied and watched as Jungkook sat up and began to put his shirt back on. As he watched the creation conceal his body underneath his own shirt, he observed as Jungkook began to mimic a human breathing automatically. The subtle raise of his own shoulders and the way he could hear his own artificial heartbeat was enough to make the android smile to himself and dislike Hoseok a little less.

In reality, Hoseok was too afraid to let Jungkook go without getting what he wanted. There will always be a moment that Hoseok would fight back his fears but he would always become the victim when it came to the creation before him. He was the reason why Jungkook would become this spoiled and this obsessive creation. Hoseok had a chance to make it stop long ago, but his fears towards Jungkook kept growing and growing. Jungkook now knew that Hoseok was weak and that was the worst thing the hunter could know about his prey.

"You seem to be working well..." Hoseok mentioned and tried to tame all the little worries screaming in his head and begging him to put Jungkook down right then and there, but yet again, he couldn't hide the fact that once upon a time, he did grow fond of this creation. So there the human sat, becoming conflicted of the creation he kept feeding with all the little things that only made him even more obsessed with the gifts of a living person. "Let this be the last thing I give you..."

"You don't mean that..." Jungkook whispered and slowly ran his hand up his arm and over to his chest where the artificial heart kissed the palm of his hand with subtle and gentle beats. "You don't mean it at all... you'll give into what I want like always... and you will never stop. That's how this relationship goes..." Jungkook spoke softly into the raspy whisper he always had in his deep voice. "You might as well save every thought and every point to argue with me, Hoseok, you will only end up giving up to me... for a reason why I'm not so sure of. I expected this, but now I'm curious, what is your motive?"

Hoseok watched the calm android embrace his newer features and became silent. In his thoughts, Hoseok knew Jungkook understood what it meant for a human to become afraid. At this point, Jungkook could have killed him by now but the fact that the human still stands here after threatening the unpredictable creation and screaming at him, showed how much Jungkook truly needed the one that helped in his creation. Of course, that's what Hoseok thought. At the end of the day, no matter how many updates he can give Jungkook or how much access he had towards his database, he could never know what spontaneous thoughts came about in that marvelous mind of Jeon Jungkook's. That was something his true creator would know, not the right-hand man.

"Nothing... I don't have a motive... just know that the same man that grew fond of you the second you were made back in the department, is still fond of you. You can't look back at every interaction we've had and say that I didn't show a second of care and if I didn't, I would always do something like this for you at the end of it all," Hoseok confessed and watched as Jungkook made a smirk to himself with the green hue to his Irises flowing through the dimmed lights. But of course, Hoseok didn't even want to point this out, he was afraid of what Jungkook had in mind at that very moment.