Chapter 60: We go way back

Jungkook stepped out of his charging station and took a glance at the time built within his system the second he closed his eyes. Once he opened those bright blue ocean eyes, his gaze locked onto the live surveillance of Jimin's house. There, he was able to see the beautiful man sleeping in bed after staying up all night thinking of many things revolving around today. He was just too excited, he couldn't bring himself to close his eyes just once.

     "My Jimin... I've always envied the way you sleep. So peaceful... so flawless... but I don't want to envy you anymore... I want to love you and that's what I will do. It's a new day, I'm going to find a way to become more human and only then, my love, my existence, everything I stand for, will be good enough to please you..." Jungkook spoke to himself. Glad to hear his voice was back after hearing it become a different sound just the night before when he was running low on energy.

      The android spent no second further to then approach the perfectly aligned
box televisions before he crouched and pulled the plug. No longer wishing to watch Jimin like he used to. The uneasy sense of gaze detection was no longer going to prey on the young man anymore, Jungkook wanted to be different all because he hoped to be more human for the one he loves. Completely unaware that it was a goal he would never be able to reach.

       The happy creation looked through his dresser and picked out his best attire for the morning with his beloved. All he ever wanted in a moment like this was to lose himself and forget everything that seemed to haunt him before. For now, the guilt wasn't weighing him down but he was sure that it would happen soon enough. Once he threw on a black puffy jacket over his matching sweater and with the loose cargos, he walked out of his own room, ready to see Jimin and smile for once after listening to the many things Hoseok had to tell him just the night before.

       As Jungkook stepped out of the room, he could hear sobs coming from beyond Hoseok's door, yet, he didn't dare to step in and help. Even if he was designed to comfort and protect, he only stepped away and fought back that curious urge to make sure Hoseok was alright. He just couldn't see him in the same light after last night and only kept walking further and further away until his soft sobs were faint. Jungkook took no other second than to grab the car keys and with that, he placed on his black boots and stepped out of the house. Nothing was holding him back from seeing his partner today, not even Hoseok.

       By the time Jungkook was approaching the door, Jimin watched himself through the bathroom mirror, constantly thinking back at the shivers he felt as he slept. He knew he was being watched again and he knew this only happened when Jungkook was away. He tried his best not to jump to conclusions, but he couldn't help himself now, all his beliefs pointed Jungkook out from the crowd. But of course, Jimin wanted to be blind and in love with the android. He didn't want to focus on the flaws he suddenly noticed from the creation because in his world, they didn't define him. Jungkook was good enough and perfect, but just the thought of the robot watching him in his sleep made those words sound eerie.

       Jimin ran his hand along his forearm, suddenly remembering Namjoon's scar when the tips of his finger did so traced the part where he recalled the injury on the older man. It was an odd thought that came to him when Jungkook was still in his mind. Although, Jimin didn't think much of it and just assumed his mind was done thinking of the accusation it made towards his partner.

      "I'll need to ask him more about the scar... I'm curious " Jimin whispered to himself as he rolled his long sleeves down and concealed the arm he traced with just the tip of his fingers.

     Before he could think of anything else, there was a knock at the door and Jimin only turned away from the mirror to smile to himself, knowing well that his partner was here to take him away for the morning. Aside from all the accusations his mind could think of, Jimin had other plans today and they were to confess his feelings to his partner he loved so much.