Chapter 24: Trust

The sun already set hours prior; dark and cold pallets of dark blue filled the canvas and snow began to fall from the sky once again. During the late hour, Jimin refused to go to sleep. He laid on the couch as he faced the television where his reflection was looking back at him. He questioned many things in his head as he silently thought of who could be watching over him as he laid here. The young man didn't pick up the sense that he was being watched at the moment, but that didn't stop him from pondering about who's been watching him.

"I close every door... I draw every curtain shut and I check everything before I go to sleep... yet, I still need someone to stay by my side as I rest because I'll still feel it when I'm alone," Jimin thought silently. "Maybe I should install cameras here... I might have a stalker in my hands... but the funny thing here is, I don't know anyone else! Anyone else I know is my family... and Yoongi... but he... he wouldn't remember me if he's out there. He was deactivated; either they wiped his data completely or scrapped him. It's impossible..." Jimin thought to himself and continued to look at his own reflection before closing his eyes. "But why do I want it to be him so badly?"

Jimin was opening Pandora's box by sitting there and pondering without another distraction in his busy mind. He wanted to know who was causing his sleepless nights and wished it was someone familiar just so he wouldn't live in constant fear. At times, he just wished it was Yoongi, but then again, the truth would always upset him. As he laid there, closing his eyes and tearing up at what could have been once the regrets began to swarm his mind, Jungkook finally stepped into the living room and caught Jimin tearing up on the couch.

The android raised a thick brow and approached the human tearing up as his eyes remained closed, dwelling on those sweet memories that were forever unobtainable to him now. As Jungkook approached the young man, he stopped in place and looked down, watching the tears run down his face until he pushed his hand forward to comfort him. Jungkook leaned in until he was on his knees before Jimin and captured the tears of the human within the tip of his index finger before switching to his thumb to wipe it away easily.

"Jimin... you're crying...are you okay?"

Jimin slowly opened his eyes and quickly sat up; he acknowledged Jungkook wiping away his tears, but this was something he became shy towards when it came to reminiscing on the one he loved before. Jungkook knew about Yoongi since Jimin recalled opening up about him, but never enough to fully understand how much the android meant to such a closed off human being.

"I... I just... I was just thinking..." Jimin replied and dried his own tears before facing away from the android. "It's... it's getting late... I should be going to bed now,"

"If you need me to stay I will, if not, I understand," Jungkook mentioned as Jimin only stood up and continued to dry the tears that just wouldn't stop racing down his beautiful gaze.

"You... you can stay..."

"Do you need a moment?" Jungkook asked as he watched Jimin nod his head and walk down the hallway until he reached the room he was bound to. This wasn't his own, in fact, it used to belong to Yoongi when he was there. Now, the young man couldn't recall the last time he slept in his own room.

With the sight of Jimin still facing the old memories from the one he loved so much before, Jungkook remained on his knees in front of the couch where Jimin laid. With the sound of the door closing right after, Jungkook only kept his eyes locked onto the couch until the hue of his irises shifted from a calm blue to a dark crimson color.

"I'll wait..." Jungkook said to himself. The android then sat onto the couch and began to count the minutes until he could try to comfort Jimin again.