Chapter 2: An Android's purpose

Maybe it was the blue eyes that followed every movement Jimin made, or maybe it was the soft smile that buried the uneasy feeling that was pending to drop on the human at any given moment. Jimin couldn't sense how odd this creation was, but he still stood there looking and observing the way his blue eyes brought out many tales that he longed to hear for himself.

      By there, the robot's smile deepened until he let out a chuckle and instantly caused Jimin to break away from his mind where this robot already seemed to plague his thoughts. Jimin instantly became anxious being in the presence of a robot and once he snapped out of it, he hoped to run away from this peculiar creation now.

      Jimin backed away slowly and only managed to muster up a forced smile before looking away and rushing to his door. However, this didn't stop the robot from staring at him further. His eyes followed Jimin like darts to a target while the young man fumbled his pockets to find his keys. Of course, Jimin knew he was blowing things out of proportion because of how anxious he would get around any living person or creation, so, the young and charming robot only continued to stare out of curiosity. Longing to ask Jimin if he was okay, but he already caught the gist that Jimin had no intention of answering to him after such a weird encounter.

       Once Jimin stepped into the comfort of his own home, he quickly closed the door shut and let out a sharp exhale. When he closed his eyes, he could still see the blue eyes of the android engraved into his memories permanently.

      "That was a robot..." Jimin said to himself before he opened his eyes and tilted his head. "I've never... seen a robot that was silent and calm while it observed the skies in the presence of a human. Normally they would interact with any human when they're alone but this one... didn't. Why didn't he ask if I was okay like any other would?"

      Jimin continued to think as he pulled the curtains to the window slightly apart to peek through the crack where he could see the robot sitting on the snow; not saying a word and not moving another muscle. Jimin knew from the start that no other human with lack of appropriate winter clothing could sit on the snow without trembling. That robot sitting out there was very different from a human, but also a little different than most robots Jimin has ever seen.

       "He's still sitting outside...How long has he been out there? How long has he been silent? What is he thinking about? Can he even think?"

     Jimin asked as he continued to stare at the robot until he finally snapped out of it and shook his head. Jimin quickly pulled away from the window and took a step back to collect his thoughts after.

      "I don't care... I don't even know him! So I don't care what he is or what he thinks," Jimin lashed out and closed the curtains, no longer wishing to see the robot at all. But that didn't stop him from recalling those bright blue eyes that carried the ocean within them.

      Even if that moment they exchanged eye contact and observed each other's details as something so mesmerizing, Jimin couldn't help but to feel uncomfortable. It was concerning that the android didn't react in a way others would and the stare the young creation gave him was something that left Jimin speechless when it came to despising those creations only built to love.

      "I don't care... I don't care..." Jimin continued to say to himself. "That android is probably defective... they will scrap him in a few days anyway! Of course, that's what they do to those who end up deactivating themselves or act out of line, right?... ah, what am I saying? I don't care!" Jimin continued to tell himself each time he thought back at the robot and trailed off again and again.

      The very second they locked eyes, Jimin was desperate to put those thoughts away as if he didn't have any room for it at all. Park Jimin was so sure that he would never see this robot ever again after today so he threw away his thoughts and sat down at an empty table, finally being able to enjoy his order all on his own with no one else around; just the way he liked it.