Chapter 32: What Are You Afraid Of?

Jimin was falling fast asleep in Jungkook's arms now. Yet, he found every strength within himself to avoid closing his eyes even if it was inevitable to him now. The android laid there after promising Jimin that he wouldn't leave; carefully holding Jimin's body against his and placing his gentle hand over the side of Jimin's face to keep him closer to his chest. It was a comforting feeling that left Jimin longing to sleep, but hoping to avoid it at the same time so he could embrace every second to the minute longer.

"Jungkook..." Jimin said in his soft and weak little voice with another yawn following after.

"You should be sleeping now, Jimin," Jungkook whispered as the human made an exhausted smile to himself. "What is it?"

"I want to stay up..." Jimin continued but the android only shook his head and observed every strand to Jimin's hair; looking at the way the ends would shine with the bit of the blue light reflection from the android's irises in the dark. "I want... I want to... make this last..."

"You make it sound as if you will never have this moment again. Jimin, don't think that way, I'll be here for you all night and by the morning, I will go. But then, I'll come back again to protect you for another night. It's an endless cycle, but it's one where you will never get tired of the same thing going over and over again," the android whispered carefully as a chill ran down Jimin's spine the moment he noticed Jungkook was looking down at him with his blue chilling gaze.

"You... wouldn't have to stay with me every night... one of these nights I'll have to be alone. I will have to learn not to rely on you completely, I don't know what else could happen so I must be prepared if-"

"Why? I'm not going anywhere. A promise is a promise... you don't need to do that if I'm going to be here for you," Jungkook claimed and rolled the bangs to Jimin's hair back in order to expose his forehead more. "You give me purpose... if it wasn't for you I would be wasting my life away in that house..."

"I doubt this gaze detection will last forever.. maybe the one who has been watching me is gone now, I haven't felt those eyes on me for quite some time. Maybe, you can stay with me for the rest of the day and by night, I can be alone. But if it returns, -in which I highly doubt- then you can protect me again for the night. I just want to see if I'm safe without needing another android by my side for the moment," Jimin replied and looked up to Jungkook's green eyes right after.

Mischievous was the color Jungkook's eyes gave out. His stare deepened over Jimin while his voice and gentle touch gave the exact opposite. For some odd reason, this gaze the android always had towards the human was oddly familiar to him, yet, Jimin didn't want to think too much of it. At the end of the day, Jungkook kept him safe, didn't he? He found no other reason than to believe every little thing the android said because at the end of the day, his brain just couldn't depict any bad thing from the android. He was completely flawless in his world.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing..." Jungkook answered, blinking his eyes and switching the color of his gaze into blue right after. Yet, he switched the colors and did it in a way that seemed so natural, Jimin was bound to forget about it, but he didn't.

"You were thinking of something," Jimin said with another yawn as his body crawled onto the android until he towered over the creation. "Your eyes... they were green... Now they're blue. I didn't think you could control the way you feel... is it like a press of a button? Mischievous... Why were you feeling that way? Do you have something up your sleeve?"

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't~" Jungkook teased and patted the top of Jimin's head carefully. "Enough making small talk, sleep now while you still can."