Chapter 17: My Protection

There it was again. Somehow in his sleep, Jimin felt the hairs on his neck stand, yet, he remained there; hugging a pillow so close to his body as a sense of protection when he knew too well that a pillow couldn't save him. His arms around the center grew tighter in his sleep until the soft cushion began to grow solid as if he truly held onto another.

The feeling was familiar; a gentle grip that was enough to bind their bodies left Jimin reminiscing of his past relationship where he was able to hold onto another this carefully. With that, Jimin felt at ease and didn't question if this was all just a dream, but then again, why would he? Being alone weeks after Yoongi was deactivated was enough to make him miss the touch of another, Jimin felt safer even if he was still catching onto a strong case of gaze detection.

   "Do I keep you safe?"

A low voice echoed in Jimin's head as he felt every beat of his heart falling in sync with the one he clung onto, the gentle exhales and the subtle vibration to every word soothed his worries and distracted him from whatever was watching him.

"Who... is this?" Jimin's thoughts echoed within the room. At that moment, Jimin just knew that he was living in a dream he didn't want to wake up from.

"Jimin... sleep here..."

The familiar voice called to him once more as a soothing spell Jimin was drawn to. With that, the young man slowly raised his head and guided his hands along the figure of the breathing creation before him. Once his gaze met the one he held onto, he caught onto the familiar blue eyes that were the epitome of all his fears of losing another. Jimin's eyes met with the pale skin of the creation before him; oddly, he seemed too real; the heartbeat, the breathing, the warming vibrations to his voice, it was all too real! Yet, Jimin just wished it was all true.

"Min... Yoongi..." Jimin whispered and teared up at the sight of the creation before him.

"How could you forget about me?"

When the sense of being watched became too much for him to ignore, Jimin suddenly jolted awake from his dream; a dream he strayed away from calling a nightmare. Jimin sprung up from the bed and teared up at the memory of losing the one he never knew he missed so much. His heart ached and the tears in his eyes became an endless waterfall. Just the idea of Yoongi feeling real as if he was human, left Jimin wishing it was all a reality. Deep down, Jimin hasn't ever thought of letting Yoongi go especially now since his deactivation was just a few weeks ago. The torture was recent and the tears were still fresh; in no way did Jimin fully believe he moved on, rather, just distract himself from reality.

Instantly, Jimin let out a frustrated shout as the piercing feeling of a gaze still managed to haunt him. He just couldn't remember when was the last time he had a decent amount of sleep. Way before the horrid gaze detection would keep him up at night, the memory of losing Yoongi filled that position for many weeks. It was an endless cycle where he could never find himself at peace, just with the endless feeling of being watched, Jimin just knew he couldn't be alone any longer.

Jimin let out an exhale and tried to calm himself down, yet, it was no use. The darts that followed his every move became sharper by the second until he began to bleed. Right at that moment, Jimin reached for his phone close by and suddenly hid under the covers like a child; he only hoped to cling onto Jeon Jungkook now since he was able to keep him calm before. Jungkook served as his protector along with a good friend.

The light of the phone screen lit up Jimin's eyes as the calming blue hues of the ocean tended to distract him for a second longer. Jimin wanted to sit back and ponder the dream he had of Yoongi, but of course, he couldn't clear his own mind out of the endless fear that lived within it. Jimin quickly unlocked his phone and tapped onto his contacts in order to call Jungkook.