Chapter 52: He's the Problem

This was love for Jungkook. A happy, confusing, everlasting feeling that always kept him on the edge of his seat. The human understanding of love was something he never knew he would crave so much. He's watched all the androids receive love and the cute pet name from his creators, but to Jungkook, he was never once called that beautiful word that deemed him a creation that was loved. 'My little android' was the word he always wanted to hear from his creator's lips, but of course, he was never deemed good enough to be called something so sweet.

It always started from the beginning of his run. He was different; always in the in between of being an android and being an actual human. Neither side wanted to claim him so he remained in one place and that was in the middle. His endless studies of the living kept him hoping for the best, reaching out to something he just always wanted to be but in reality, it was never possible, he just needed to wake up from this dream.

While he laid there with his human, his mind never ceased thinking of the many things he had done. Even memories of his past when he lived in the department, constantly getting tested, came to mind and left him dissociating while Jimin went on, talking about the little things he still held onto in life. All things Jungkook longed to hear about but was too stuck on his guilt.

"And when I talked to my parents... they didn't really care... I don't think they ever did. Maybe that's why I live alone in a house they never step foot in," Jimin continued and seeked Jungkook's hand with his gentle touch. By there, he intertwined his hands with the android and then smiled to himself. Unaware that his little action brought Jungkook out of his thoughts, at least for now. "I guess I can call them... but no matter what I do, they won't acknowledge me... that's fine. Maybe soon they will, just not now."

Jungkook looked down to see Jimin's hand was intertwined with his. The sudden touch alone left a cavity to deepen right where his artificial heart stood. Jungkook's understanding of guilt was spot on, he never complained about this part of himself. He was programmed to feel bad about his actions, yet, it wasn't always an active thing. He had no remorse for the most part but now, towards Jimin, he finally began to feel it all just like a human would.

"Jungkook..." Jimin whispered and looked into the bone chilling eyes of the android while the silence between them deepened. As Jimin continued to look at Jungkook in his blue gaze, the eerie familiarity never seemed to go away. This was the gaze engraved into Jimin's fears every time when he was alone. It was the constant gaze detection that followed his every move. Jimin always labeled Jungkook's gaze as a familiar and scary one when he wasn't displaying any other emotion.

"Yes, Jimin?"

"Ah.... Why does his calming blue eyes give off the opposite feeling to them? I don't like it when he stares at me with those eyes of his... It reminds me of when I was being watched! How creepy can an Android's gaze be? Yet... I don't remember Yoongi's eyes giving me this feeling... maybe Jungkook is just different, there can't be anything deeper than that... If that was true, he wouldn't have kept it going for so long. Jungkook would never hurt me or stalk me... he would never hurt a fly!"

"At least, I hope so..."

By the next day, Hoseok was walking around the grocery store. Paranoid and silent as he walked into every aisle. His thoughts on Taehyung remained as he went another day without seeing the android he tampered with. Along with that, the image of that pale android standing outside in the snow while facing the direction to his home at that moment, haunted him in his dreams.

"Another day without Taehyung... he must be alright... there can't be any reason as to why he hasn't seen me in a while. There's no way that android could be up to no good. I'm... I'm overreacting..." Hoseok said to himself and pushed his cart forward, not being able to find one thing and add it to his cart since his mind spiraled off to the fear of what could happen.