Chapter 10: High Frequency

It was about three in the morning; the skies were still dark outside and the room never went past the cold temperature. Jimin remained laying over the couch as his eyes pried open for the fiftieth time that hour; something was amiss and that alone kept him up at that hour. Almost instantly, goosebumps formed over Jimin's soft skin and his body froze over the couch he was bound to all night. Instantly catching the sense that he was being watched.

     It was as if millions of people and Androids gathered around to watch him as the main attraction. His body shivered underneath a blanket and was frozen in place. There was no other use of lifting a finger now, Jimin only remained in place after the fear of being watched overcame him; something he always hated the feeling of.

      "Is there... someone in my house? I locked my doors... but, how...?" Jimin asked himself in his own head and wrapped his arms around his own body in hopes of protecting himself. He tried to distract his fears by speaking into his own mind to bite through the dreadful silence, but no matter how long he intended to keep this up, the chills would constantly run down his spine as if death itself counted the knobs of his spine going down and repeating back up again.

       Jimin remained awake until the sun came up. Only then, the horrible feeling was gone. He was no longer being watched and now, the boy was left to gaze up at the ceiling while the sun greeted him after endless hours of torture breaking away every word he had to say in his mind. Once the chilling feeling left his body, he finally closed his eyes and fell asleep later than he expected. Not being able to wake up early and start his day like he normally would.

      Eventually, he heard a knock at the door. Disrupting his rest as he quickly opened them after thirty minutes of sleep. This alone caused Jimin to let out a deep sigh and stand up instantly in hopes of telling whoever was just beyond that door, that he was too tired to even speak. Deep down, Jimin just knew it was Taehyung once again and understood that the android wouldn't stop knocking until he got an answer.

     "Ugh, Taehyung..." Jimin growled under his breath and quickly swung the door open to latch his tired eyes onto the android before him.

       "Good morning, Jimin! I- oh... did you get any sleep? You look very tired," Taehyung pointed out and stepped in so the cold breeze outside wouldn't come in. Once the android closed the door behind him, Jimin slouched and made his way back to the couch before he could toss himself onto it face down. "I'm going to take that as a no..."

      "No, I... I didn't... I stayed up all night. It was torture, Taehyung. I... I felt like I was being watched and it just stopped not too long ago. I was only able to take a small nap," Jimin claimed once his eyelids became too heavy for him to keep open. "I don't know what it is... and I hope it doesn't happen again," Jimin continued to speak in a trembling voice that tended to drag out his words due to how exhausted he was already.

      "Did you... lock your doors last night?"

      "Of course I did! I get too paranoid if I don't," Jimin spoke out louder and slightly opened his tired eyes to look at the android. "The feeling never left, I'm just scared that it might happen again tonight... what if there's someone here!"

      "I highly doubt there's any other living creature in the premises. The only heartbeat I can detect is yours, so I'm sure whatever it was, it's gone now. Maybe you left the curtain open and there must have been a creep looking through your window."

      "I always keep my window curtains drawn shut," Jimin went on and shot down every solution Taehyung could come up with. It just didn't seem to make sense to him now; before he didn't feel this way, he was living his simple life up until now.