Chapter 43: The Defect

"Min Yoongi...? How do you know my name if your scanner doesn't work?" Questioned the pale android. Clueless to how Taehyung learned his name. But just as he began to adjust the lab coat over his body, he suddenly looked down and remembered that he had a name tag over the coat. "Oh! Silly me, I must have forgotten the fact that I have my name tag on. I apologize!"

"That's alright. Do... you forget things easily..?"

"Only small details. I've just been reactivated recently so I have my temporary flaws. But of course, they're not detrimental. Have we... met in my past run?" Yoongi asked curiously as Taehyung only made a soft smile and nodded his head.

"Yes, we have..."

"That's amazing, I hope I wasn't a bad android... I don't have any memories of my past run, but if I somehow caused trouble, just know that I am sorry," Continued the android as he cupped Taehyung's face and looked into his eyes. "Please close your eyes, I'm going to take a look into your database..."

"Okay..."

"Don't worry, your memories won't be tampered with. I will only look at what's wrong and what caused it," Yoongi assured. Leaving Taehyung with the idea that Jungkook will be seen within his memories. He only hoped that Jungkook's existence would be discovered today and taken care of before he could dare to harm Park Jimin.

It was the unforgettable thought of Hoseok's neck carrying Jungkook's handprints against his slightly tanned skin, that left Taehyung cautious and nervous; hoping for Jungkook to be reported and deactivated from harming Jimin. Yet, the idea of Jimin becoming too close to a dangerous creation left Taehyung having his doubts. Even if he worried about doing this, his need to protect all living things around him was his main priority so it overcame everything.

By the time he powered off for the other android to begin fixing his built-in scanner, Yoongi removed Taehyung's shirt and remained silent when no one else was around to interact with him. He carefully set the other down comfortably on his chest and over the steel table where he was left to access the database system sealed away on Taehyung's back.

Once Taehyung was plugged into the PC far from the steel table, the android finally sat down and began to download Taehyung's database onto the computer. Awaiting the meter on the screen to load up on once screen completely so he can go through his data. But as he began to wait, Taehyung's memories were uploaded before the rest, so instantly, Yoongi was greeted with endless memories purposely stored in Taehyung's database.

Without wasting any second further, the android began to search through the memories in hopes to discover how the scanner became defected in the first place, but those few seconds began to take into minutes as Yoongi could only tilt his head impatiently.

Just then, his eyes latched onto the screen once the sound of laughter filled the room to one recording of a fond memory.

"Taehyung, that's not true!"

Jimin's contagious giggles filled the room instantly. Leaving Yoongi to come to a sudden stop and slowly bring his eyes to fix upon the screen where he heard the charming laughter of the human he once knew before. It was like a fresh new sound to his sensors; familiar, yet, unknown to him like he ended up wandering around in an uncanny dream.

"I watched it and that's not what the character said! You're being ridiculous!" Jimin laughed and hid his face within the cushions. Hiding his pink little face and those charming giggles that left Yoongi to move his head in with interest.

"Impossible! I'm not ridiculous, you are! You can't recall the right line!" Taehyung replied all while he got up and pulled the cushion away from Jimin's face. Capturing his youthful laughter along with the pink painted onto the apples of his cheek all until the treasured memory came to an end.