69 Desire is...to confront

"Our fight hasn't ended yet."

Rona directed herself to look at the face inches close to her. Seokhoon was still, ever so caring. But she knew, indeed, the fight hasn't ended. 

There was one more person she couldn't let go of. 

Joo Dan Tae. 

He was the culprit behind all of these events. 

He was the one that brought everyone into the game of mess. 

He was the person that planted the seed of hatred, jealousy, sadness and revenge in them. 

"Rona, come with me. I think it's time." Seokhoon spoke gently, supporting Rona on her feet once more. 

He took her hand into his. His thumb softly caressed the small palm in his. 

Rona was a little lost at the moment. She had a surge of feeling that everything still wasn't right, despite Yonghwa's downfall. 

There was still a wall between them. 

But at that moment, she let it be. 

It was yet, the time to worry about all that. 

Seokhoon led Rona upstairs where they walked through a darker, almost black pathway towards a massive black door at the end of the hallway. 

There were two bodyguards stationed in front of the entryway. 

As they see Seokhoon and Rona proceeding their way, they slid the majestic black door to two sides, where a screen was blocking what was behind it. 

Seokhoon and Rona passed by the screen from one side into the bedroom. 

A confusing scent was flowing around the room. A mixture of antiseptic and lilies. It was as if someone had tried to purposely remove the scent of antiseptic with lily scented aromatic diffusers. 

Humidifiers were releasing misty fog around the room. 

In the blur, Rona finally saw the man. 

Situated in the center of his king-sized bed, Joo Dan Tae was linked to a heart rate monitor and an IV drip. He was in deep sleep, not moving for a single bit. 

Rona looked at the weak man laying weakly down on his bed. He was no longer the powerful chaebol he once was. 

The doctors and nurses responsible noticed the presence of Seokhoon and Rona. They were about to greet them before Seokhoon gave them a gesture, hoping to be left alone. 

They arranged a few more setups and left the two alone with the frail man. 

"How long has he been like this?" Rona asked in a whispered tone as she stepped a little closer to the end of the bed. 

"At least for the past year or so, he had been like so." Seokhoon walked a little closer to Rona's side, observing his father. How much he had deteriorated across the years. 

Rona's face was as straight as it could be. Like her feelings towards Yonghwa, there wasn't hate for them. It was only a sense of pity. What a wretched life they had put upon themselves. 

"I guess this is his doomed fate." She murmured. 

She turned to Seokhoon in a determined tone. "He deserved it." 

Rona hesitated a little while before asking the question that might end all things.

"Will you be angry with the acts I am about to put upon him?"