34 Desire is...red

Anger stirred within Chanseok. 

"He just left his ring with you?" He was about to launch himself towards Seokhoon. The urge to scold him for his actions. 

Rona didn't say much, but Chanseok could pretty much guess everything. 

"Boss...told him to do so right?" 

Rona nodded gently, looking down, holding back her tears. 

"I was never allowed to be in the light..." Rona sniffed a little. "I guess I was merely...just an heir producer." She gently patted on her belly, protecting the little soul within her. 

"I love Seokhoon, and I know he loves me..." Rona looked to Seokhoon who was forced to socialise with the tycoons. "But he had his duties... and I guess this was mine." 

Chanseok sighed. "This was never your duty. You were never told to be a...what... heir producer." He crossed his arms, quite frustrated. 

He moved Rona towards him, brushing her arms gently. "Listen to me, you are the wife of Seokhoon. You are Mrs Joo. Claim it, and believe Seokhoon. He loves you. I can see that." 

Rona smiled at the comforting words Chanseok spoke. "Thank you...I will...I guess...after... this..." Rona didn't know what to say. 

In the far distance, two pair of eyes were fixated at Rona and Chanseok. 

"Looks like Rona is in good hands," Yoonhwa spoke to Seokhoon, who was very focused at Rona's situation. 

He wanted to bring her to meet everyone, to officially announce her as his wife. His only true love. But every single time he was going to do so, he was threatened. 

For the better good, that father of his always say. 

"Is that the head of security? Chae Chanseok, if I recalled him right..." Yonghwa continued. "He seems awfully close to Rona." 

"We are all friends. Of course, we are all close." Seokhoon spoke firmly. A little distressed from Yonghwa's tone. 

"Ah, I see." Yonghwa maintained her posture and elegance. Not irritated by anything before her. She was truly a woman with ambition. 

"President Joo, President Yoon." A man called to Seokhoon and Yonghwa, greeting them. 

He was one of the tycoons that were in close business with Seokhoon and Yonghwa's fathers. 

"What a match made in heaven, you two look absolutely wonderful together." He complimented the two. His wife nodded beside him. 

Seokhoon left an awkward smile. He avoided any close physical contacted with Yonghwa. 

Yonghwa noticed Seokhoon's gestures and she, didn't force it. 

It was not the way to get Seokhoon to favour her. At least before the guests. 

"President Lee, don't you say that, we are just friends." 

The older man laughed. "Well, but I believe there shall be good news between the Joo and Yoon family soon?" He winked to Yonghwa, who looked at Seokhoon shyly. 

But Seokhoon wasn't paying attention. He had realised Rona was not at where she was just now. She had left the gala, so was Chanseok. 

Although he knew Chanseok would protect Rona, and she would be in safe hands. But his heart was still lingering with fear, fear of her safety and their child.