6: Desire is...threat and helplessness

"I am offering you to be, my son, Joo Seokhoon's wife."

"Mwo!!!!???" Rona exclaimed, catching with a chuckle. "Are you making a joke Mr Joo?"

Joo Dan Tae cackled. 

"Did you know why you were brought up so well?" Joo Dan Tae spilt the truth. 

"I sustained you. I supported you. I paid all your fees. I educated you."

"No, you didn't." Rona denied.

"I did." Joo Dan Tae smirked.

"Through Dean Cho."

Rona was struck by the cruel truth.

The fatherly figure to her... did so?

To Rona, Dean Cho was her father. A true one. As many young orphans set off with their new homes as a child, Rona chose to stay with Dean Cho. He was the ideal father figure, the one that truly cared for her. As time passed, she soon grow up under his teaching and influence.

To be a lady. To be a strong independent confident young woman. Unafraid of the future, unafraid to stand against any difficulties.

Little did she know Dean Cho was such a coward himself. At that split thought, she was disappointed.

But compared to the unfamiliar man before her, she chose to believe her 'father' was innocent.

"What?"

Joo Dan Tae disregarded the silence from the girl in disbelief.

"He is my men. He educated you all little orphans." 

Joo Dan Tae laughed. 

"So that one day you will all be serving me."

"You evil spirit." Rona resisted. 

But Joo Dan Tae was only to continue his mock on Rona. 

"Who do you think you are? Really a pianist? Really a free soul? If I hadn't sustained your life as an orphan, you would have laid on the streets. Dead."

Rona scoffed. 

"Really? You? Sustaining me?" Rona laughs. "Then why am I still so ragged? Why is Dean Cho still so tough at sustaining the kids? Supply? I think not."

Rona faced Joo Dan Tae with no fear.

"I think you did all of that because of your fake charity."

Just then, at a hidden corner, Joo Seokhoon stands, observing and listening to every word his father was about to say to Bae Rona.

He returned to the venue wishing to give thanks to Rona. It was a little unusual of him. But he had been hidden in a corner, admiring the music Rona plays. He had not chose to meet her face to face because of his identity. But he had eventually decided it was best to at least address himself to her. 

But little did he know, his father was interfering again.

As he listened, it was the first time, he saw a girl, or even had anyone besides him that had dared to fight against his own father.

But he had no intentions and feeling for this girl. Nor would he care anymore about his father's threats to anyone. He just wanted to avoid all possible reasons to be involved with anyone else. 

Why would one mere pianist, working for money, be his business? He thought to himself. Even the visit to thank her seems all too unnecessary now.