40 Desire is... stranded

On the way back to Hera Palace,

Rona fell silent at the back seat, as Chanseok drove.

She caressed the ring on her finger, how it had already grown on her.

Chanseok occasionally looked through the rearview mirror at Rona.

But he knew, nothing he said would persuade Rona out of her condition.

She was ultimately destroyed.

Desperately yearning for help that she couldn't speak of.

Chanseok could only sigh.

Back at the 'wedding venue', everyone congratulated the 'happy' couple, as they fiddle and play around with the adorable little child. The media, the guests, of course, speculated the presence of a child between two CEOs, when the wedding was just recently held.

The legitimacy of the child.

But nowadays, who wouldn't bear a child first before getting married.

They only held in their gossips as they congratulated the couple.

Joo Dan Tae was exceptionally happy at the presence of the baby boy. Finally an heir to the Joo family.

He held onto the little boy in his arms and a rare smile of kindness spread over his face. As if his fatherly love was back, his humanity button switched back on.

He looked to Yonghwa and Seokhoon who were swirling around the venue, greeting all the guests.

His smile brightened.

"Finally."

A sense of relief came to him.

Memories rushed back to a few days before the wedding.

A visit from Yonghwa.

A baby boy presented before him.

A sentence that had shocked him.

"This is Seokhoon's child." Yonghwa spoke.

She lied. She had to. She wanted Seokhoon too much for herself that she took in Seokhoon's advice.

"I didn't want to mention this. My father didn't want to mention it too as it could have destroyed our family name...but did you remember last year when Seokhoon went to the US for a business trip? We...had a one night stand... and... a few weeks after he departed, I discovered that I was pregnant." Yonghwa lied. "I was so afraid that it would destroy our family name, so we kept it a secret. Sorry Uncle... I should have told you earlier."

But in truth, it was just a child she adopted.

Joo Dan Tae was so overjoyed at his 'grandson' that he totally ignored whatever Yonghwa had said.

"This is wonderful. This is such wonderful news, Yonghwa."

He was so touched and excited for this little boy. He held onto the baby tightly, caressing his little cheeks.

"I should not have been so abrupt. You and Seokhoon should have been together in the first place."

Yonghwa spoke nervously. "It's alright. We had our faults too."

Yonghwa's thought returned to the wedding venue.

How she recalled the lie she had made.

The sudden surge of guiltiness of her sins.

But she couldn't care less.

At least, she had the title.

Mrs. Joo.