20: Desire is...you after all

The night falls dark. 

But the newly found souls could not fall asleep. 

The bed finally sank in deeper down. 

Rona turned herself to look at the moonlight shining from outside. 

1 am. 

Everything seemingly returned to the time where she had first entered this household. 

This time, it was only that she and Seokhoon had somehow confirmed their feelings for each other. 

He had confessed his love for her. 

Yet...Rona's heart still felt unsteady. She didn't know if Seokhoon feelings were true or not. 

The insecurity was still there. 

In the dark, the young female got up from the bed, careful not to wake her husband beside her, took her cardigan and went out of the house. 

Down the stairs, she went to the garden where an outdoor porch wooden swing was set. She sat down, swinging gently to the flow of the wind. She enjoyed the silence of the night and the beautiful scenery before her. 

"At least there is something beautiful here." Rona smiled, as she wrapped herself in her cardigan. 

The pond before their house reflected the round moon. The wind brought little waves on the surface of the water. 

She closed her eyes, trying to rest herself to the quiet nature sounds. 

Just then, a pair of warm hands reached to her temples and rubbed them gently. 

Rona opened her eyes in surprise, looking up to the figure before her. 

"Seokhoon..." 

Seokhoon smiled as he moved next to Rona, sitting by her. The two swayed on the swing gently. 

"I knew you would be out." He smiled, bringing a blanket before Rona. He covered the blanket over the two of them, and Rona was instantly warmed, by the blanket, and Seokhoon's sweet gestures. 

"Why are you awake?" Rona asked. 

"Why are you awake?" Seokhoon returned the question. 

"I was the one asking." Rona protested. 

Seokhoon let out a smile, laughing a little. "I couldn't sleep. And I found that you had left the room...I thought..." Seokhoon hesitated a little. "You would leave me again." 

Rona looked away from Seokhoon's genuine eyes. The more she looked into those pair of eyes, her heart would flutter more than she had imagined. She let out a small smile, happy that Seokhoon cared if she was present or not. 

"I couldn't sleep too..." Rona replied. "So I thought to sit out here so I could relax." 

Seokhoon looked to the scenery before them. "It is quite a beautiful scenery to admire at." 

Rona smiled. 

The two fell silent. They had just reconnected. They had their first genuine kiss. 

But...everything still seems unfamiliar. 

Seokhoon couldn't bear the silence. He had to endure 'being stupid for his feelings' to know that his heart was with Rona all along. He mustn't let it slip from his hands again. 

"Rona," Seokhoon called, looking to her. "What is your childhood like?" 

Rona was stunned by Seokhoon's initiative to know about her past. She didn't know what to answer him at that moment. But soon, she recalled her promise to Joo Dan Tae. The things she has to abide by. At least, if she abides, she could be with the one she loves now.