13: Desire is...an arrangement

After walking around Hera Palace, Rona was pretty much drained.

Arches of land, and multiple establishments of all kinds. Joo Dan Tae had basically lived like a king. To be exact a medieval king who had to rest in different houses on different occasions or timing of the year. And Mina, as his wife, took care of each establishment, making sure everything was of Joo Dan Tae's satisfaction.

This was the job of the Madam of the household. This was what the phoenix everyone sees on the exterior, does in the interior.

Rona slumps herself onto the giant bed in her new home, resting her eyes.

Soon she fell into a deep sleep and did not even realise how fast time passed until a voice called to her.

"Bae Rona. Wake up."

In a blur, Rona struggled to open her eyes, only to meet with the clear brown eyes of Joo Seokhoon.

He was so close, that a single move could remind them of the heated interaction they had yesterday night.

Rona was in shock, and she abruptly got up, and the two hit their heads together.

"Ouch." The two called in pain.

"Bae Rona, you don't need to be so quick in getting up." Seokhoon caresses his forehead.

Rona looked to Seokhoon in guiltiness. "Sorry. You shocked me."

Seokhoon was back in his casual suit instead of his working suit, his hair was ruffled. Under the dim sunset lights shining in, his features were accentuated.

Rona's eyes were instantly attracted to the male before her.

"Had to wake you up as we are 'forced' to join my father and stepmother for dinner tonight."

"Yes, I know."

Seokhoon scoffed. "I guess you know a lot now."

Rona scoffed back. "You're afraid I'll know about your secrets?"

Seokhoon laughed and crossed his hands at this chest. "You wouldn't know about my secrets until I tell you."

"Would you?" Rona asked as she slid herself off the huge bed.

It gave Seokhoon another shock. He couldn't help but be stunned by the young female. Her bravery, her fearlessness.

Rona walked past Seokhoon as if he wasn't there towards the walk-in closet.

"We have to dress nicely, by the way. Mina said, your father insisted we be in grandiose outfits." Rona informed Seokhoon.

Seokhoon laughed. "It's just a dinner, what's the big deal of wearing nicely or..."

"Just wear." Rona didn't even want to spare extra energy to explain to Seokhoon.

She went into her closet and got a saffron blue dress out. She took the dress and went straight into the washroom to change, not sparing a second in whether her husband is aware of the whole situation.

Moments later, out stepped a goddess. Raven black hair flowed down her baby blue saffron midi dress. Her beautiful figures were emphasised and her beauty was glistening. She didn't need heavy makeup, she was naturally radiating.

Seokhoon had seen many women his life. But none like Rona.

There was a sense of familiarity and sensibility in her. An elegance that cannot be explained.

Rona looked to Seokhoon, who was fascinated by the young girl before him.

"What are you looking at?"