37 Desire is...a choice

The afternoon sun was especially warm today. Rona found herself tossing and turning on the bed, unable to concentrate herself back to rest. She had finally woken up from a deep sleep, a rest long awaited. She needed the rest again to fully recover herself. 

Just then, she heard footsteps coming towards her. 

She sat up to find Seokhoon at the household and not at work. 

"Seokhoon, why are you still here?" She wondered, as she saw Seokhoon holding a tray of desserts and milk towards Rona. 

"Because my dear wife needs me." Seokhoon smiled. He placed the tray by the bedside. 

It was filled with macaroons Rona loved and a warm cup of milk. 

"Try, I got them on the way back home." Seokhoon handed a macaroon to Rona. 

Rona tasted it and it filled her tastebuds and heart with sweetness. 

As she chewed on her macaroon, Seokhoon had already rolled himself onto the bed and laid next to Rona, eyes closed. 

"Why aren't you at work?" 

"I got laid off." Seokhoon spoke. 

"No way." Rona exclaimed, worried. 

Seokhoon smirked and opened one of his eyes to peek at Rona's worried expression. 

"Just kidding. How could I be laid off by my own company?" Seokhoon smiled as he relaxed himself on the bed. 

"I thought to take a half day off. I want to spend time with you." 

"You will put me in grave danger." Rona patted Seokhoon's shoulders. "What if Abeoji knows? He will surely blame me..." 

"What was for him to blame? Nothing he could do and would do now to stop me from loving you," Seokhoon laughed. 

Rona smiled as she held onto the warm cup of milk in her palms. She sipped on it and instantly relaxed herself. 

Seokhoon tugged onto Rona's shirt, signalling her to lay down beside him. Rona placed her cup down and slide herself back into the sheets, where she was instantly embraced into Seokhoon's arms. 

"I was just wondering if we could see our little angels again soon..." Seokhoon whispered as he snuggled Rona closer.

Rona's cheeks instantly flushed red. This was always Seokhoon's excuse when he wanted to try again...

"They will come when they want to." Rona lifted her head up and looked into Seokhoon's eyes. 

Seokhoon smiled, and placed a soft kiss on Rona's lips. 

But the fire within can't be contained. A soft peck soon turned into a passionate kiss. Hovering hands, tugging one closer to the other. 

They were about to evolve to another stage when the door bell rang. 

Heavily breathing, they broke off the kiss. 

Seokhoon muttered, "who is it," quite unpleasantly. 

Rona sat up from her position and slide down from the bed. "I'll go check." 

They rarely have guests, and not to mention any guest that would ring their bell. 

If anyone of the Hera Palace, besides the servants, would usually call them to inform their arrival to their house, not by ringing the bell.