7: Desire is...accepting fate

"She has accepted the offer." Dean Cho called Joo Dan Tae.

A wicked and victorious smile came across Joo Dan Tae's face.

"Well done, Dean Cho. The hot water should be available now right?"

"Yes..." Dean Cho sighed.

"Thank you for your kind work. I am sure to visit soon for your wonderful effort."

Dean Cho ends the call, as he helplessly laid on his chair. His hand held the last cheque Rona wrote for him.

800000 won, with a small message.

This is all I have earned and saved. To my dear Angel Orphanage and father, Dean Cho. Do not live in Joo Dan Tae's ways anymore.

"I am so sorry, Rona."

At Hera Palace,

Joo Dan Tae celebrates his victorious move.

He called his maid in.

"Call Joo Seokhoon over."

The maid nodded and called Seokhoon over.

"Father you called for me."

"Yes, Seokhoon. I have something for you."

There was never a time Joo Dan Tae would genuinely gift Seokhoon anything.

If there was, there would be for a purpose.

"What is it... another new wife for you?" Seokhoon mocked his father.

Joo Dan Tae laughed casually on his massive chair, looking up to his inferior son.

"Hahahaha, son, this time, it is definitely not for me."

Seokhoon clenches his brows, fear suddenly crept under his skin.

He knew something was not right.

"My son, you are getting married."

Seokhoon was flabbergasted. He slams his fist into his father's table and stared right into his eyes.

"Joo Dan Tae!" He yelled. "You never cared one moment about your son's happiness!"

He stood on his feet and leaned a few steps behind.

"I don't accept any arranged marriage!!!" Seokhoon protested. "How dare you."

"Well, son." Joo Dan Tae got up, slowly. He was like a tiger, creeping up towards his prey. In one grab, he held onto the back of Seokhoon's head tightly and pulled him close to him.

"You know you have no choice."

Seokhoon clenches his teeth, shivering in the fear of his father.

Reckless of his boldness against his father, he had been a strict one since the death of his mother. As soon as his mother had left, his father put him in control. To one day be the ruler of Joo Enterprise.

He did.

He did not disappoint. He was the CEO of Joo Enterprise, step by step through flames and pain his father put unto him.

But his father still would not let go. His control over him. Suffocated him every day.

He was blamed for his mother's death, and he was anticipated to be the best of the best in the industry. One fall. One more burden to carry.