11: Desire is...learning

"Please come this way." The maid guided Rona into the main house. The magnificent interior still stunned Rona in every single way.

But to be exact she has only been here for a day.

The architecture was a mix of chic black and glorious gold. It had marbled floors like lava cracks and dangling chandeliers with golden leaves and crystals dropping down from the ceiling.

Rona was led through a clear hallway on the side of the main house where french windows as two storeys high were escalating down from the ceiling to the floor, and the sun fulling lit up the dark marbled path.

They reached a black door lined with pure gold carvings. The maid knocks on the gigantic door and a gentle sound answers from inside.

"Nae. Come in."

The maid pushes the golden feather-like handle down, and the gigantic door opens itself automatically, revealing the young female inside.

Rona nodded politely to the maid in waiting and nervously entered the room.

The room was of a gothic victorian design. Dark matte black furniture and wallpapers. It was quite, intimating to say.

But there, at the centre of the room, stands a beautifully white picture of a female. It was a portrait of a female covered with a pair of angel wings, curled up in the protection of the female.

Rona admires the beautiful painting, as it was the only thing that was not black in the room.

Mina smiles at Rona's reaction to the picture.

"This is a fallen angel. I drew it." Mina spoke, as she poured fragrant earl grey tea into two beautiful porcelain cups on the coffee table. "It symbols the strengths and the weaknesses, as well as the freedom and captivity."

"That's contradictive."

"That's life," Mina replied.

Rona lets go of her trance and looked to her new, mother-in-law.

She was fascinated by how stunning Mina actually is.

The white gown she was in accentuated her features and her long raven black curls flowed down her shoulders. Her poise was of great elegance, like a swan.

Rona suddenly realised she had not made her greetings. Thus amidst her nervousness, she frantically bows in respect.

"Annyeonghasimniga, mother."

"Oh dear, dear." Mina quickly gestures Rona to raise.

"Just call me Mina, as Seokhoon does. I am not his mother anyways."

Mina went in and gestured for Rona to sit down across her.

"This is earl grey tea. Would you like a cup or I can make new tea for you?"

"This is fine, thank you very much for the kind welcoming."

Mina smiled.

"How is your first night here?" Mina casually asked.

Rona was shocked by the question and burnt her lips on the tea.

The burning sensation sent her back to yesterday night's memory.

She spilt a little tea on her dress.

"Oh, dear are you alright?"

Rona laughs a little, hiding her awkwardness. "I am good. Apologies."

She couldn't help looping every scene from last night in her mind.

The tension. The awkwardness. The sensations.