3: Desire is... an ill fate

"How's your tear?" Joo Dan Tae asked the unwilling man who was forced to sit at the dining table for breakfast. 

"Thanks to you it's bleeding well," Seokhoon spoke purposely. 

Joo Dan Tae scoffed. This morning he was in a good mood, thus he was not irritated by his boy's sarcasm. 

He then turned to Mina, who sat across Seokhoon. 

"Mina dear," Joo Dan Tae held Mina's hand. "What would you like for your birthday this year? It is next week." 

Mina smiled and held Joo Dan Tae's hand back. "Dear, I don't need all the jewellery and bags again, you've given me all that I need. All I want is a happy family here." 

They smiled sweetly at each other. 

"How about a ball? I thought it would be great to celebrate another wonderful year with you and also get the chance to introduce Seokhoon to some of the businessmen who had been supporting us massively." 

"Business again." 

"Joo Seokhoon." Joo Dan Tae stiffens. "It is because you do not produce an heir. Thus all the burden will be on you forever." 

Seokhoon rolled his eyes. 

"Nae Nae Nae." 

Mina looked to Seokhoon worriedly. "Seokhoon, take your pace. You will find that girl." 

"Take his pace?" Joo Dan Tae questions Mina. 

"Yeobo." Mina comfortable her anxious husband, assuring him that this will bring the right girl in naturally. 

"Take your pace." Mina turned to Seokhoon, trying her best to comfort him. 

As she always does, 

for the past 6 years. 

Seokhoon stood from his seat and scoffed. 

"Oh really, will I?" Seokhoon questioned Mina. "Whatever you want. I don't care. I'll be there but..." He turned to his father. "If you dare to bring one female of my age there, supposing as an eligible candidate, I will wreck that birthday party." 

Seokhoon walked away to his room getting ready for his long day of work. 

Joo Dan Tae hits his chest a little, trying to get the suffocating feeling off of him. 

"Dear..." Mina consolidates Joo Dan Tae. "It's alright." 

Joo Dan Tae coughs a little before smirking. 

"Eventually that boy will have to live under my rules." 

On the other end of the city, 

The young female irons a simple white dress in the staff changing room. Not exactly white anymore. More of a beige coloured dress. But the only dress she had. 

"Rona!"

The young girl looked up to the call.

It was the hotel manager, Dani.

"Dani Onni!" 

"Thank you for coming in such short notice for the hotel lobby pianist performance." She rushed into the changing room, patting on Rona's shoulders.