14: Desire is...a trip

"Bae Rona?"

"Chae Chanseok Oppa?"

Chanseok looked at Seokhoon, questions filled his mind, before turning back to Rona.

"You're Seokhoon's wife?"

"Why are you here... Oppa?"

Seokhoon felt a weird displeasing sensation when Rona called Chanseok, 'Oppa'.

He didn't understand why he had such a feeling towards Rona. But he threw the idea away and focused his attention back on Chanseok. 

"I am Seokhoon's bodyguard." He shook Rona's hand once again. "I guess... I never get to introduce myself properly." He smiled warmly.

"You're Seokhoon's bodyguard?" Rona shook Chanseok's hand. "I didn't know...Seokhoon needs a bodyguard." Rona spoke sarcastically, teasing Seokhoon.

Seokhoon stood uneasily, watching the two's interactions.

"Anyhow." He cut through the two's reunion. "Chanseok will be staying with us."

"Mwo?" The two both exclaimed.

"Seokhoon...this isn't proper..." Chanseok got a little irritated about Seokhoon's capricious behaviours. "You and Rona are a properly married couple. I am not supposed to be here. Plus, Boss will be..."

"Am I your boss or my dad's your boss..."

Chanseok rolled his eyes.

Rona stood by the side, sighing.

Chanseok could notice Rona's resignation. He gestured to Seokhoon towards Rona, and stood by the door, as he usually does.

"Sorry, Rona." Seokhoon apologised. "It's not that I don't want to...go on this trip with you..." He stuttered in his words. "It's just that I couldn't live in the rules of my father anymore. I hate to force anyone, especially you into something..."

Rona awkwardly stood with her hands in her jean pockets. "It's alright. I mean...it's...not like anything will happen." She smiled a little.

Seokhoon smiled a little, "yeh..."

The two fell silent again.

They exchanged embarrassing looks before Seokhoon spoke again.

"My father will be off enjoying himself, so you don't have to worry. You can go and hang out anywhere you want. If you need me, just give me...erm... a call." Seokhoon hesitated. "I have work I still need to deal with."

"I noticed. Don't worry." Rona acknowledged her lonely travels these upcoming two weeks.

From not so far away, Chanseok saw how this newlywed interacted with his very own eyes, and still, even until now, he could not understand why Seokhoon had married Rona. And how everything is so secretive and fast-paced.

Just a week ago, he had met this beautiful young girl, passionate about her job. Now, she is the new phoenix of the Joo Family, and the new wife of his best friend and boss, Joo Seokhoon. Everything was so suspicious.

But as the close bodyguard of the Joo Family since childhood, he had known Joo Dan Tae's ways well. It is not surprising that he had controlled every scenario with his power.

He knew Seokhoon was still awkward with his relationship with Rona. Yet he also knows well if they go against Joo Dan Tae's rules.

As Seokhoon walked over to Chanseok, Chanseok stopped his way out of the room. The two of them stood by the massive doors of the suite.