09 | you give love a bad name

June 1981
Cw; alcohol mentions

While Harley didn't resemble her mother much, the thing she did resemble well was the ability to pretend as if things had never happened. She still hadn't processed what had happened between them, and Harley wasn't even sure if he had remembered it. She hoped he didn't, she didn't need that on top of band-related things.

It was mid-June now, and in the world of relationships, Tommy had started to bring his girlfriend around the apartment. None of them were sure what she would look like since Tommy's taste in women was like a wild card.

Whatever they had thought Jessica was going to look like, clearly did not. The promise of not making fun of her was quickly forgotten once she was introduced, her pudgy-like face sticking out. Nikki and Vince were the main culprits of it since Vince had said she looked like a moose, and Nikki decided to call her Bullwinkle. Tommy wasn't happy with it at first, but over time, he too had started to call her that when she wasn't around - almost calling her the nickname in person a few times too.

While they made fun of how she looked, they wouldn't dare say it to her face as they were all slightly scared of her. After the last events - in which she had gotten mad at Tommy and had slightly unhinged his and Vince's door, and at one point, they had to call the police - Harley, Vince, and Nikki made a point to leave the apartment as quick as they could whenever they sensed an argument brewing.

Hence was the reason the trio sat in a booth near the apartment, as Harley had gotten back to the apartment just for Nikki and Vince to quickly push her out of the apartment.

Vince and Nikki sat across from her, as Harley ate some of her fries. She wasn't paying much attention to their conversation, as Vince was telling Nikki about his latest hookup.

"Hey, ten bucks says that they fuck it out," Vince says, looking at Nikki.

"You know they would, I can't bet against that," Nikki complains, while Vince smirks to himself.

"You guys are disgusting," Harley mutters.

"Hey, don't blame me. Tommy said the only reason they're still together is that when they fuck she can spray her cum across the room." Vince says, turning to Harley now. He leans forward and steals a fry from her plate, earning a scowl from her.

"That's probably not really true. Girls rarely cum anyway." Harley shrugs.

"What?"

"You didn't know that? For the amount of sex you guys have, I'd figure you'd know a bit about how the female body works." She shakes her head. "Anyway, outside of Tommy, what do we have coming up?"

"Uh, another show. Sometime this weekend." Nikki responds. "Hey, and we should try my fire thing."

Harley chooses not to give any further input, not wanting to have another argument over it. "We should have another practice soon. Since we haven't had one since the first show."

"Do we have anything new?" Vince questions.

"Yeah, "Too Fast For Love", I don't have it with me, but I can show you when we get back. Do you work today?" Nikki asks, glancing at Harley.

"Yeah, just a few hours."

"Cool. We can have practice tomorrow, and get Mick to come over. Then we should probably have rehearsal every day again. Should we get a recording studio?"

"We don't have a label though." Vince points out.

"We can make one, we don't need any of those slimes," Nikki says.