twenty one

Up until Monday night, Harley had waited impatiently for her night out with Lela. She busied herself with work and keeping her apartment clean. Harley had yet to hang out with the boys - she was starting to miss them, even though they had just gotten off tour.

The worst part of Harley missing them is that most of the time they couldn't hang out with her because they were with their girlfriends. And despite how many times they had protested against the idea - their girlfriends were still suspicious of Harley's relationship with them. Although she supposed it made sense for Lita to be wary of Harley.

Speaking of Lita, Harley had hung out with the boys once after the tour. It was pretty fresh off the bus so they were still slightly sick of each other. The event had gone somewhat well until Nikki showed up with Lita. Harley, out of spite, acted like both of them weren't there. She knew it wasn't fair to Lita, but she still couldn't help it.

She sat on her couch, drinking a fresh coffee as she watched whatever show was airing at the moment. Harley was pretty sure that The Dukes of Hazzard was playing based on the car that was on the screen. She never had watched an episode before but she had heard talk of it.

The phone rings and she glances over, not wanting to pick it up - but sets down her coffee and does so. Harley makes her way to it and drapes her blanket across her shoulders as she picks it up.

"Hello, this is Harley Jones," Harley says.

"I know it's you already, otherwise I wouldn't have called you." Nikki's voice comments.

Harley rolls her eyes. And she didn't miss this. "But others won't know, so, take that. What do you want?"

"Jeez, can I not talk to a friend?"

"Hm, well, last I checked, friends don't cheat on each other," Harley told him.

"Can we drop this?" He groans. "This is getting annoying."

Harley considers for a moment. "Fine. I still want to know why you called."

"Are you busy? Nothing's happening and I'm bored."

"No, I'm not. You can come over if you want. You know where I live." Harley told him.

"Yep. I'll be there soon." Nikki says, and the line goes silent. Harley flops back onto the couch and enjoys the next few moments of silence before Nikki comes over.

20 minutes later there was a knock at the door, and Harley goes to open it for Nikki. He stood in the doorway, his hands in the pockets of his jeans. He wore an Aerosmith shirt and his hair was an absolute mess. She hated that it made him look cuter.

"Hey." He says, pulling a hand free from his pocket to wave at her.

"Hey, come in." She steps aside and heads into the apartment. He closes the door behind them, following her inside.

"Dukes of Hazzard?" He comments, nodding at the tv.

"It was just on." She shrugs. "I need to change before we go anywhere."

"That's fine." He agrees and checks out her PJ outfit. "Star Wars PJs?"

"Fuck off," Harley mutters, her face heating up.

"It's cute." Nikki grins at her, and Harley curses the stomach rolls. She turns to her room and picks out an outfit, mentally preparing herself to act normal around Nikki. It's the first time they've been alone, since... the Christmas party. God, that was 6 months ago.

She tugged on a pair of jean shorts - she wasn't sure how Nikki was wearing jeans in the LA heat, she supposed it was for the style - and a tye-dye shirt. Harley grabs her crystal necklace and throws it on before meeting Nikki back in the living room.