fourty eight

The good thing to result out of the argument was that everyone had been too tense to talk of things non-band related, and so they were able to complete recordings early and get the album out to Elektra.

Of course, the band had their own thoughts on the night at the party. Mick didn't know what had happened - he didn't care to know, and was just annoyed that everyone took the drama into work. Tommy didn't remember it, he was already drunk before the argument even happened, but he did remember the mood it left, which he didn't like.

Vince of course remembered it best, he was the only one sober at the time. While he still didn't know what Nikki had said at the end that had really hurt Harley, he could tell it was bad based on her emotional state afterward.

Harley was numb to it after, she didn't want to deal with the thoughts of it and how it made her feel. She took to the drugs to calm herself with it, which helped in the studio when everyone was in there. And while Nikki kept the facade that he didn't care about hurting her, he did care. He regretted saying those things and wish he could communicate them with her, but he was scared of what she might say back in the right mind state.

So, everyone avoided their feelings towards the subject, which was an issue when it came to filming music videos and the tight quarters they had to be in for it. Following the release of Theatre of Pain, the hits such as "Home Sweet Home" and "Smokin' In The Boys Room" had been requested for a music video by MTV.

And so there they were, in the early hours of the morning, at a school to film for "Smokin' In The Boys Room". The premise of the video was as suggested in the song - a kid skipping class to hide out in the bathroom, which is where the band would've been.

"How are we going to pretend like we're sticking out of a mirror?" Harley questions, while a makeup stylist fixes her makeup.

"CGI, duh," Tommy says, excited to film.

Harley scrunches her nose. "Good CGI?"

"What do you consider good CGI? It's the '80s." Nikki scoffs, shaking his head. Harley makes a face at him and ignores him.

Mick sighs. "Just stop complaining so we can get this done. It's too damn early."

"Look at this fuckin' wig," Tommy snorts, holding the principal's wig. He tosses it onto Vince's head and fixes it, on top of Vince's normal hair.

"Ew, no, get it off," Vince swats at his head before throwing it at Tommy, who erupts into laughter when it hits him.

"Alright, everyone, you got your scripts for the video, and we're lip-syncing, so this should be easy," Doc says, walking into the room. "And because this is an actual school that allowed us to use it over the weekend to film, I expect everyone to be on their best behavior and respectful of the property."

While they waited for the main kid in the video to arrive, the band - Tommy, Vince, Harley, and Nikki - wandered around the school to check it out.

"Man, I haven't been in a high school in forever," Tommy exclaims, walking down the hall and looking around.

"It's been like 4 years. That's not that long." Harley tells him.

"I guess. We could do the high school reunions next year," Tommy adds, then glances over his shoulder at Nikki. "Did you ever go to yours?"

"No," He makes a face. "High school reunions are lame."

"I could go to mine," Vince muses, walking alongside everyone. "Rub it into anyone who gave me shit."

"I would hate mine, it'd be so awkward. Especially with what I was like in high school." Harley says. For a moment she wonders what it would be like if her 16-year-old self met her current self, but she was sure an existential crisis would follow.