twenty eight

"Shout At The Devil" had done amazingly well compared to "Too Fast For Love". While she heard songs such as Live Wire and Take Me To The Top now and then, Harley was now hearing Shout at The Devil and Looks That Kill pretty often.

It was a weird feeling. She had started to be recognized out on the LA streets, and while she generally was well known on the Strip, not many knew of them outside of their bubble.

Harley didn't go out much on her own, if she did go out she was usually with Jeanie or the boys. It was an even weirder experience when the boys were with her since everyone would be freaking out over the fact that Motley Crue was right there. They would only really recognize Harley if they liked her.

And apparently, it was hard for people to like Harley. They still had the stigma connected to her that girls couldn't do rock and roll, despite Harley and so many other girls before her proving them wrong. She typically ignored them since they were usually misogynistic men.

It was one of those rare Saturday nights where the whole band were together, along with everyone's girlfriends - except for Mick and Harley's (Harley because she was still scared to be outed, and Mick because he had just broken up with his girlfriend) - mainly as a celebration for them going off to tour and for an album release party.

She sat by herself most of the time, except for the few times Mick was by her. The two usually stuck together on their outings, as the two anti-social members of the band. Unless she was in a good mood, Harley would go and socialize with everyone else, but today she still felt tense over everything.

Harley's mind was constantly beating herself with the fact that she couldn't bring Lela with them, while everyone else could bring their girlfriends. She could technically rule this one out since Tommy was the only one bringing his girlfriend. Even if Harley could without the homophobia standpoint, she wasn't sure if she wanted to - just because it would be extremely awkward when Harley, Lela, and Nikki were in the same room.

So she figured it was best that she didn't bring Lela, to avoid awkward situations and so she wouldn't have to avoid Nikki.

She picks up her drink and takes a long sip as she peers over the edge of the bottle at everyone, sulking slightly as it looked like they all had a good time with their girlfriends. As she watches them, Harley thought it was weird that she never really formed her own opinion on Tommy's girlfriend Honey. Of course, she had her thoughts about Beth and Lita, but Harley hadn't interacted with Honey as much. Maybe she'd get to know the girl more on the tour.

And speaking of the tour, Harley was both excited and not so excited about it. She was excited about the new opportunities, like meeting new people and traveling around the world more. She was also pretty excited to meet Ozzy and his band, Harley wondered what they were like in person. The only negatives were the touring side; of traveling and not being home in months. Harley would miss home and the people that made home what it was, and little things along LA.

Harley sighs to herself, figuring that she might as well try and have fun if she's just going to mope around the bar all night. Grabbing her drink, she stands and grimaces as her vision jolts forward. She made her way to the pool table where most of the group were, while some of their group were scattered about. While she could see Mick at the bar, she couldn't see Nikki and Tommy - but she could safely assume the two were off causing chaos somewhere.

At the table were Vince, Lita, Beth, and Honey - and Harley was surprised Vince wasn't off fucking a girl, but she guessed with the fact that Beth was here and that he was already surrounded by girls that it kept him in line. She leans against the table between Vince and Lita.

"Who's winning?" Harley asks, watching the balls roll across the table.

"Vince is. Probably because no one better than him is here." Lita responds, using her stick to support herself.