fourteen

It was late Saturday night as they sat around the studio, working on recording their soon-to-be album, "Too Fast For Love". Harley and Mick spent most of their time huddled together, working slowly on the riffs to perfect it before getting into the booths.

They figured Vince would need more takes since he was the singer and could make more noticeable mistakes, so he sat slouched on the armchair, his sunglasses on with a bottle of beer in his hand.

Mick went into the booth, recording his section of the guitar. Each day, they got a small portion of time and money to spend in the booth. Suddenly, the tape line ran out, and Mick swears to himself as his line was cut off.

"That was a nearly fucking perfect run, what the fuck is going on?" Mick snaps, stepping out of the booth.

"We ran out, we need more tapes." Nikki explains.

"Well get more fucking tapes so I can get my portion done."

"We're trying to get more tapes,"

"Okay, everyone, we're getting more tapes, chill the fuck out." Harley waves her hands, getting up and heading into the main section of the recording booth. Harley rummages around in the area and winds up with nothing. She heads out of their studio to find the head people to figure out what was going on.

"Hey, we're out of tape, what do we do?" Harley asks.

"You have to pay for it." The girl shakes her head as if it was obvious.

Harley returns to the studio and walks in. "They said we have to pay for them."

"Fuck, I don't think we have enough." Nikki grumbles then turns to Tommy, who was perched on his drum set. "Tommy!"

"Huh?"

"Get to work, we need more tape!"

"Nah man, do I have to?" Tommy whines, making a face. Harley rolls her eyes as the two debated about which one of them had to sleep with the staff to get free tapes. "Fuck, fine, I'll do it."

Nikki grins triumphantly. "You better come back with the damn tape before Mars loses his mind."

"I will, fuck off, Sixx." Tommy groans, as Mick flips Nikki off. Tommy trudges out of the studio, grumbling to himself as he did so.

"You guys are gross." Harley sighs.

"You know it, baby." Nikki smirks at her, as Harley scowls back.

Out of boredom while waiting for Tommy to return, Nikki pulls out a bag of coke and sets it up on the table. Mick rolls his eyes as he sits the furthest away from them on the couch, and Nikki offers a few lines to Vince - who gladly accepts. He also offers it to Harley, but she declines.

"Do you just carry that around in your pocket?" She queries, watching as he snorts the lines.

"Yep."

Rolling her eyes, she turns away from Nikki. Vince remained in the original position when Harley last saw him, while she could tell Mick was getting bored sitting around.

"If we're just going to sit around all day waiting on the drummer, I might as well go home. It's getting late anyway." Mick announces as he puts his guitar in its bag.

"I'm gonna go too." Vince yawns, giving a slight wave as he follows Mick out the door.

That left Nikki and Harley alone in the studio as they awaited Tommy's arrival with more tape. Harley leans back on the couch, playing riffs that came to her mind. She played "House of the Rising Sun" for a while, before switching it up and playing "Merry Go Round" and "On With the Show". She was pretty sure Nikki fell asleep halfway through the songs.