fourty

It was nearing December now, somewhere around the last few weeks of November. Harley wasn't sure, she just noticed the way hotel lobbies were starting to put up Christmas decorations when Motley Crue rolled in. Harley thought it was funny how the only way she could tell what time of year it was was based on hotel decorations.

And of course, a big factor of holidays was family. It seemed everyone in the band had good relations with their family excluding Harley and Nikki, as Doc had set out to invite Tommy's family to a show and even invited Vince and Mick's.

When he got around to asking Harley and Nikki about it, the two just snickered at him as if it was the stupidest idea, which to them, it was. Although now that Harley thought about it, they could've invited her brother - but then he would bring his boyfriend and she wasn't sure how everyone else would react to it.

All Harley knew was that her mother would be revolted at everything about Motley Crue. The fashion, lifestyle, and the music - specifically the Shout At The Devil album. Even though it was now at and not with, per Elektra's request.

She was excited to see Tommy's parents again, although this time Athena wasn't with them. Mrs. Bass smiles brightly upon seeing Harley and she waves her over. Harley approaches the family, standing next to Tommy once she got there.

"Harley! How are you?" She asks, studying the young girl in front of her.

"Oh, I'm doing alright, how about you? It's been a while since I've last seen you." Harley grins at her.

"I'm doing well. You look even more beautiful than the last time I saw you." Mrs. Bass says, reaching out and touching the ends of Harley's hair that was much longer now.

Tommy glances over his shoulder to see Honey walking towards them, Nikki and Doc being a few paces behind her, and he waves her over. "Hey mom, dad, I want you to meet someone. This is my fiance, Honey."

Harley was equally as shocked as Tommy's parents, not knowing when this had happened. If it was yesterday, it must have been after she and Vince left the party.

"Y'know, you guys got married within 24 hours of meeting each other. I thought it would work out just as well with us." Tommy says, throwing an arm around Honey's shoulder as he grins.

"How did you two meet?" Mrs. Bass questions, glancing between the couple.

"It's a funny story." Honey laughs slightly. "I used to hang out with this other band, and when they came into the area, I met Tommy and it was meant to be."

"Oh! I know this word, um," Mrs. Bass glances at Mr. Bass, then looks back at Tommy and Honey, snapping her fingers. "A groupie! Right?"

Harley attempts to hold back her laughter as Tommy groans when Honey turns away in anger. "Mom!"

"What? You say it like it's the best thing in the world!"

Harley laughs this time, and Tommy scowls at her. "It's not funny! Ugh," He turns and runs after Honey as Harley waves goodbye to his parents before going off to find the others. She was still silently snickering to herself as she found Nikki and Vince, who was hanging around backstage.

"What's so funny?" Vince asks, looking up at her.

"Tommy's parents." She shrugs, plopping down next to Vince. "Are we doing anything after this?"

"Probably a party."

Harley sighs. While sometimes parties were different, they usually had the same routine that she was starting to get bored of. It was always - finish a show. Find a party. If they can't find one, make one. Get drunk. Get high. Depending on who you were in the band, sex also was on the agenda for the night. Then cause some sort of chaos as a parting gift and head back to the hotel. The thing Harley could only really say changed was what kind of drug she took since nowadays her options were usually cocaine or heroin, although she honestly could find any she wanted.