twenty nine

It was now a few weeks before tour kicked off; Harley had just started to pack for it. She wasn't even sure what to bring - she's never been on tour this long. How often would she be able to do laundry? Would she be getting new clothes to equal out bringing current ones? There were so many unanswered questions.

She had yet to talk to Lela too about the situation, although she supposed Lela already knew that she was getting left behind. Harley felt bad for leaving the girl behind, but in a way, she could relate to the boys and how they were always excited to be by themself on the tours. Not on the aspect of cheating, though - more so the unhingedness of it.

Harley was anxious for the parties and such they were about to encounter. While she mainly felt anxious, she felt partially excited for them. Harley could care less about the social side of parties, and more of the little white powder that she had found herself growing fond of.

Although Harley had started to use the drug more, she only allowed herself to use it around people who were accustomed to it. She refused to use it around Lela especially, as she wasn't sure what Lela's take on drugs like that was - and she was still afraid to expose Lela to that side of her life.

Despite being around the guys once and generally knowing of the rock-star life, Lela had a blind eye towards the mainstream part of Harley's life. While Harley knew that was a problem in most relationships, she didn't really want to change it. She didn't want Lela to see how dependent she had come on it.

Sitting on her living room floor, Harley was surrounded by suitcases and her clothes as she was lost in thought. She didn't notice Lela come out of her room with an armful of clothes to be packed, and only noticed her when she sat on the couch behind Harley and rested her hand on Harley's shoulder.

"Harley? Are you okay?" Lela asks.

"Yeah, just thinking." She shrugs, averting her gaze as soon as she was done talking.

"Um, I wanted to ask... but wasn't sure how to. What do you think we'll do for us while you're gone?" Lela questions.

"I don't know," Harley sighs, rubbing her eyes. "We could figure it out when we get there, but I dunno. Maybe we could just wait? See how it goes?"

"See how it goes?" Lela repeats.

"Yeah. I guess some people have issues with their significant other who's gone a lot... so, I guess to keep it cool?" Harley shrugs. "I've never done this."

Lela laughs quietly. "It's okay, neither have I. At least we're on the same page with that."

Harley takes the handful of clothes from her and shuffles through them, deciding what to bring. She picks a few out and starts the folding process.

"I... wanted to ask this too. The other night, when it was just us here. And when Nikki came over, what was that all about? I haven't seen him like that before."

Harley grimaces at the mention of that. The bastard.

"Nikki wasn't talking about anything. He was just drunk, you haven't seen them before when they get crazy like that." Harley shrugs it off.

"I'm not sure it was nothing. He sounded like he was being sincere and you sounded pretty mad in response to him."

"He was trying to be a dick, that's what he does," Harley tells her.

Lela bit her lip, feeling like Harley was lying to her. She felt like there had to be a reason for Nikki to show up and say things like that, even if he was just drunk.

"What did he mean when he said he hoped you'd be 'excellent' for me?"

"He meant nothing." Harley snaps, "Really, I'm telling the truth. He was just being a dick as he usually is."