thirty sixx

Harley was in a shitty mood, but what else was new? After the recent events with Lela, all she could be in was a shitty mood. She always felt tense, paranoid, and angry all the time. The least she could do was get shitfaced and high.

Tour was an easy distraction from the struggles of life. She could busy herself with the band and rarely focus on the negatives, although the smallest of things set her off. With that, it alerted the band that something was off.

It was becoming an issue to where people like Mick and Tommy, who rarely pissed her off, made her mad and she snapped at them. Even Doc was taking notice of it.

Nikki had sat next to Harley on their tour bus, and she barely glanced at him in response. Nikki didn't really know where to start.

"Hey." He decides, figuring that was always the best place to start.

Harley looks up at him. "What?"

"Are you... okay? You've been off lately." Nikki questions.

She rolls her eyes. "Wow, thanks for noticing. I'm fine."

"Really? It doesn't seem like it."

"Nikki. I am fine. Just leave me alone." She says, rubbing her eyes and leaning back.

He purses his lips together, wanting to ask more, but not wanting to push it any further. But looking at her further, he notices a purple bruising on the lower portion of her jaw.

Reaching forward, Nikki tilts her head so he could see it better. "What happened?"

"Nothing." She pulls away, moving further away. Harley crosses her arms and pulls herself together, almost as if she were trying to keep herself away from others.

"Did someone hurt you?"

"No. I just... fell." She shrugs.

"I'm not stupid, you didn't 'just fall'." Nikki snorts, using air quotes at the end.

"What if I fell and hit my chin on a coffee table?" Harley questions, turning to him as she kept her arms crossed.

"I doubt it. What happened?"

"Nothing. It's none of your business." Harley says.

"It is my business if some fucker out there is hurting my friends." He tells her, scanning her face for any let-up of emotion.

"Nikki, I'm fine." She tells him, turning her head in the other direction. Harley was scared that if he kept pushing the button then she'd end up crying and Harley would feel mortified if she cried in front of him.

He frowns, continuing to watch her expressions. He wished that he was a mind reader so he would know what was going on in her mind at the moment. It would make it so much easier than Harley bottling up whatever was going on, Nikki knew it was never good to lock it all up.

Harley rubs her eyes slightly and sighs. "I'm tired. I'm going to go sleep." She gets up and walks off to their bunks, closing the door behind her.

He watches her go and sighs when the door closes.

As soon as they get to their hotel and go through the typical check-in process, Harley makes a beeline for her room, avoiding everyone else. She was glad to still share her room with Vince and not one of the others. Although she supposed at this time she could probably handle Mick.

She sets her stuff down on the bed and goes into the bathroom, locking the door behind her. Harley stands in front of the mirror, her hands gripping the counter into an almost sweaty state. She stared herself down, studying each expression of herself and picking herself apart.