twelve

August came around quick enough, and Harley couldn't believe how 1981 was already so close to coming to an end. Speaking of the weirdness of the end of the year approaching, it was even weirder to think that Harley was about to turn 19.

Every day they worked through practices, playing every song and going through a full set.

It still hadn't been decided on what the placement of the tracklisting would be on the album, but they occasionally discussed where they thought each song should go. They all had agreed on some songs, but it was hard to figure out the flow of the album.

Harley was back again at work, thankful that it was Jeanie as her shift double and not Mark. They were once again talking about how dramatic Harley's life had suddenly become.

"Since when did your life become so eventful?" Jeanie questions, shaking her blonde curls.

"I dunno. It's crazy. And to think that just a few months ago, I had like, no friends." Harley sighs.

"And you were just graduating high school too, but now you're in a crazy band." Jeanie smiles. "How old is Nikki anyways?"

Harley blanks on that knowledge. "Um, I don't know. I know he's older than me. He's the oldest, outside of Mick - he's obviously in his 30's or something. I'm pretty sure Tommy and Vince are the same age as me, or at least close enough. Tommy's birthday is in October."

"I wonder if he knows how old you are. I doubt it... Harley's got an older guy's attention." Jeanie wiggles her eyebrows at her.

"Ugh, now you're making it worse. I can barely talk to him without him getting pissy, and now you're making it worse." Harley groans as Jeanie shrugs.

"And you guys drink a lot too? And do drugs?"

"You have to be 20 to buy alcohol, we have it at home, but outside of that, I think Nikki can legally buy it. I don't like the drug part either, but I can't control what they do. I've tried it once." Harley tells her.

Jeanie's eyes widen. "You've done it before? Like, stuff that's not weed?"

"Oh yeah. Coke's always around at our parties. Hey, maybe you should go to our next one." Harley nudges Jeanie.

"Tell me when it is, I'll think about it." Jeanie nods. "Have you seen any of the other hardcore drugs?"

"Like heroin? No, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was around the apartment." Harley hopes none of them would get into that drug, knowing how severe it was compared to some of the others.

"Okay, that's good," Jeanie says, grabbing an armful of records. "Wanna help me out?"

"Sure, why not." Harley takes some, following Jeanie around as they keep talking. It was Jeanie's turn now to go on about her life, which she commented was averagely boring compared to Harley's now exciting life. She mainly went on about her boyfriend she met recently, and the many dates and the hanging out they've done.

Harley wished she had her friends outside of Crue; her only friends consisted of the boys. And she couldn't help but think that if Crue ends up not working well, there goes all her friends. She knew she should do something about it, and so she attempted to by asking Jeanie to hang out.

"Hey, do you maybe want to get lunch after our shift?" Harley asks.

"Sure!" Jeanie smiles. "There's a cute little diner down the street that I've been meaning to check out if you want to?"

"Sounds good." Harley nods in agreement.

The shift blurs by, and soon they're outside of the shop, walking down the Strip. The diner turned out to be a bit on the edge of the street, further away from the loudness of the scene. Harley realizes how different their two styles were, Jeanie wore more colorful dresses and always curled her hair. Harley wore leather pants with her work polo and studded bracelets that she couldn't remember if they were hers or Nikki's. She was sure he borrowed plenty of her jewelry, although Harley wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not.