05 | we are the poisoned youth

April 1981

Apil went by in a blur. Harley was constantly doing something, whether it was with the band or work, she was always hustling across the Strip. Nikki and Tommy worked on flyers for their upcoming show, and Vince had found a manager for the band, and Harley felt kind of bad for the guy, knowing Mötley Crüe came with high demands.

Although Doc McGhee seemed like he had the strength to take care of them, with how he's managed bands such as Kiss and The Scorpions before them. But the Crüe were a different breed of rockstars.

As a bonding move, Doc had bought them an apartment to hope that they would grow closer as a group. Mick had refused to live there right away; while Tommy was instantly on board, enthusiastic to get out of his parents' house. Vince and Nikki were quick to agree afterward too.

Harley wasn't sure, despite Tommy constantly begging her to come with them. She did see the benefits of living with them; cheaper rent, cheaper bills, the bonding experience and not being lonely were very appealing. The only thing she would be missing was the closeness of locations to her apartment and the privacy, although she hoped they'd respect it with her being the only girl in the group.

Even though she eventually agreed to live with them, the only downside she realized upon moving in was the living arrangements. Tommy and Vince ended up sharing a room, while Nikki had his own for the time being, which meant that when Harley moved in, she got to live with Nikki.

She was nervous about that, just because any knowledge she had about a guy and girl living together never turned out well. Especially with Nikki's sleazy attitude, she expected girls to be frequenting in their room. She also didn't want to deal with how he acted as if he were better than everyone constantly.

They had just finished practice, and Harley had retreated back to their room for some rest. Of course in the apartment, you never got true alone time, someone was always there too. Nikki walks in a few minutes later, looking over at her as he made his way to the bathroom.

"You're on my side of the bed," He says, and without looking up, Harley flips him off. "Jeez, okay. I'm technically right, we did agree that I got the left side."

"Are we gonna tape the room down so we're sure I don't cross the line?" She asks, sarcasm dripping from her voice. "You have the bigger closet anyway."

"That's not my fault, you lost the coin flip for it."

Harley rolls her eyes. "What are we doing today?"

"We're hanging posters for the show around town. I mean first, we'd have to schedule one. If you want, we can go do that before so we can come back and put the dates on the flyers." Nikki tells her.

"Is Mick coming?"

"I dunno. Probably not."

She hums in response, leaving the conversation and getting up to head into the main room. The kitchen was connected, the only boundary being the couch in the center of the room. The balcony was closer to the left side of the apartment, with a few scattered trash bags with everyone being too lazy to take it out properly. Also in the living room, they had a TV and a stereo, which Tommy had brought over from his house.

The kitchen wasn't as clean as the living room, since they didn't hang out there. It was full of dirty dishes since with the chore chart, Vince lacked in doing his hand of chores. The other major issue was their roach infestation, which Harley was certain was due to the dishes. Anytime they wanted to use the oven, they had to leave it on high for ten minutes to burn them. If they were outside the oven, they met the unfortunate fate of Tommy's hairspray can and a lighter. With a hatred of bugs in her food, Harley always made sure to keep food tightly sealed in the fridge and that things were clean as they could be, but she guessed it wasn't good enough.