thirteen

Harley groans as she wakes up, rubbing her eyes as she sat up. Surprisingly, Nikki wasn't asleep next to her. She frowns, knowing that it was weird for him to be up this early at... the clock read 9:48 am. None of the boys were up this early.

She climbs out of bed and throws a hoodie on before leaving her bedroom and making the walk down the hall. As soon as she made it through the door to the living room, she was met with streamers and party poppers in her vision.

"Happy Birthday, Harley!" They call out, most of the enthusiasm coming from Tommy. Harley squints and swats at the streamers so she could see her friends in a clearer view.

"Thanks, you guys didn't have to do anything." Harley shrugs.

"Of course we had to, for our favorite guitarist," Tommy says.

"Don't tell Mick." Vince shakes his head as Harley laughs.

"Right. Does anyone want coffee?" Harley asks.

"Wait, it's your day off, so you sit, and we do it. Nikki, make the coffee." Tommy demands, receiving a grumble from Nikki as he goes to do so.

A few minutes later, they all gathered around the coffee table, coffee's in hand. Harley smiles softly to herself, watching her friends talking.

"Is Mick coming around today?" Harley asks as she takes a sip from her coffee.

"For dinner, since we're going out." Vince nods.

"We are?" Harley questions.

"Yeah, to the Rainbow." Nikki adds.

"Did anyone tell Jeanie? Or do I have to go tell her?" Harkey asked.

"That's the blonde chick you work with, right?" Tommy asks, smirking slightly as he wiggles his eyebrows at Vince.

Harley catches on right away. "No, you two are not doing that. Speaking of which, I wanted to tell you guys to be on your best behavior around Jeanie. She's not used to you."

Vince snorts. "Can't promise that."

"I'm serious. I don't have to tell Mick because I know he knows how to behave."

"You're not our mother." Nikki mutters, and Harley glares at him.

"Well, I'll probably go down to the record shop if anyone wants to come." Harley offers, standing up.

"Gotta decorate the place." Tommy grins enthusiastically, waving around them.

Harley glances at Vince and Nikki - Vince shrugs and leans back, Harley taking it as a no, and Nikki agrees to go.

Once again, the two are heading down the Sunset Strip, with the quietness settling between them. At least, they aren't mad with each other.

"So, how old are you turning today?" Nikki asks, glancing over at her.

"19." She nods. "Wait, how old are you?"

"23. My birthday's in December."

"Ah." So, that clears it up for Jeanie.

They walk in silence again, until they reach the warped vinyls. Harley walks in, Nikki following behind her. Jeanie and Mark were working today, and Harley prays that Mark doesn't make a snide comment to her.

"Hey, Jeanie." Harley smiles, waving at her. The blonde grins and bounces over to her.

"Harley! Happy birthday!" Jeanie exclaims.

"Thanks," She laughs. "So I guess we're going to the Rainbow tonight."

"Like, the bar?" She asked as Harley nods. Harley notices Jeanie glance over at Nikki, who was looking around at the shop. "Okay. Is that Nikki?"