twenty four

It was one of those rare afternoons where Harley had no people interaction all day. She hadn't been around the boys, Elektra, or even Lela. It was nice, for once. She had laid across her couch and took a nap, and now was watching a movie with coffee.

Harley wondered if Motley were going to get to go on tour soon, and if they did, what band they would open for. They weren't so popular worldwide yet to do their solo tour, which was okay. At the beginning of the year, they had only gone on tour around California.

They had stuck to mainly doing LA-centered tours, in bars across the sunset strip. It was getting more entertaining to perform as Nikki had written a lot of new material for the band. As they had previously played Looks That Kill and Too Fast For Love, they had also run through a cover of the Beatles' song Helter Skelter. Ten Seconds To Love had been created as well, Harley had liked the bass line in the song.

The phone rings off in the kitchen, and Harley closes her eyes, pretending she didn't hear it. On the third ring, she figured she should get up and get it in case it was Elektra, but thankfully it wasn't.

"Hey, you should get over here," Nikki tells her as soon as she picks up.

"What? Why?"

"Just, because." He responds. Harley notices the way he sounds stressed.

"Alright... I'll be over in a bit."

After getting dressed, Harley grabs her keys and makes her way out to Nikki's apartment. She wondered what was going on for him to call her, they rarely called each other unless it was band-related. The only person who consistently called Harley was Vince, or occasionally Tommy.

Walking up the windy steps of his apartment building, she knocks on the door once she reaches the top. Nikki peaks his head outside the door and glances around to make sure no one had followed her.

"What, are you cooking meth in here or something?" She jokes, as he grabs her wrist and pulls her inside, sharply closing the door behind them. Harley glances about the apartment until Nikki stops her as soon as they walk into the living room.

"Look." He barely whispers, pointing up at the ceiling of the kitchen. Harley follows the direction he was pointing and her eyes widen. Upon the ceiling, a bunch of kitchen utensils was hanging by the point, almost as if they were levitating while every single cabinet door was wide open.

"What the fuck? What kind of trick did you do to do this?" Harley asks.

"Not a trick," Lita comments, she had been sitting at the bar in the kitchen. "More like magic."

"Magic?" Harley repeats. "That's not real."

"It is - I don't know why, don't ask me, but I've gotten interested in witchcraft. I bought a few black magic books from the book shop and have been kind of fucking around with it here, and this just happened. It's been like this for 30 minutes." Nikki tells her.

"What kind of fucking idiot would buy a black magic book?" Harley questions, looking over at Nikki.

"That's what I said." Lita agrees.

"Shut up, I don't need you two ganging up on me." Nikki waves his hands. "How do we get this to stop? And get everything down?"

"We probably need to pull everything down ourselves and maybe get sage in here. Or a priest." Harley suggests.

"What does sage do?" Lita questions, looking over at them.

"Cleanse the place." She explains.

"Can we just buy that at a store?" Nikki wonders aloud. "I think we'd have to go somewhere specific for it."