thirty four

After being on tour for months, they returned to LA to do home-based tours, making them able to live at home for a month or so. Harley was thrilled to be back in her apartment and instantly crashed onto her bed.

She closes her eyes and listens to the silence, although now it was awkward. She missed the loudness of being on tour and her friends and even the parties. Harley knew she could always count on the coke being by her side though, as she opened her eyes and glanced at the bag of drugs that sat on her bedside table.

Leaning over, Harley grabs it and sits up, pouring a small section of it out and organizing it into neat lines on the side table. As she snorts it, Harley notices that she wasn't even affected by the sting anymore, but shrugged it off and chose to not be concerned by it.

The only shitty part about being back home was that everyone she wanted to see was preoccupied with their girlfriends. She couldn't go bother Vince, since Beth probably hated her more now. And Harley certainly couldn't go over to Nikki's, for multiple reasons. That only left Mick and Tommy open, which she hadn't hung out with either in ages.

Now that she remembered, she had work in 5 minutes. Groaning, she got up and found her work vest before heading out. That was the other shitty part about being home, now that she thought about it. She had to work again and had no excuse to not be working. And she couldn't exactly use a hangover or being high as one.

"Harley!" A voice exclaims as she enters Warped Vinyls.

"Hey, Jeanie." Harley gives a small wave as she signs herself in.

"How have you been? I can't believe it's been months since I last saw you. And you've been all over the United States by now, too." Jeanie rambles on.

"Yeah, I guess so. But we go back in a week or so." Harley responds.

"I know, Mark keeps going on about how he can't afford to keep you if you keep leaving," Jeanie says.

Harley groans. "Ugh. Is he around today?"

"Somewhere."

"Great." She mutters. "So... what do we need to do?"

"Just restacking some more vinyl," Jeanie says, leading Harley to the boxes. "So how was the tour? What have you done on it?"

"Just the same old. Y'know, do a show. Find some sort of party after or host one. Watch Ozzy do something absolutely stupid." She grins slightly, grabbing a stack of vinyl.

"That's insane. I forgot about the Ozzy bit. It's weird that that's your normal day." Jeanie told her.

"Yeah, I guess so. Oh, and when we were in Vegas, Vince and I - well, mainly me - thought it would be funny if we did one of those really quick marriages and so now we're married. So technically, instead of being Harley Jones, I should be Harley Neil now." Harley snorts as she re-told the story.

"I mean, it is Vegas. What'd Nikki think of that?" Jeanie asks, knowing of their relationship.

Harley rolls her eyes. "I don't care what he thinks. I'm kind of tired of whenever I do anything, someone says, 'ooh, what about Nikki?'. I honestly don't give a fuck what he thinks, I'm my person and can make my own decisions."

"So I'm guessing people say that a lot."

"Yeah, it's fucking annoying," Harley says, flipping through the vinyl and restacking them. "How come you guys don't have Motley Crue?"

Jeanie snorts. "Mark's tired of people asking about it. Especially since most of the Strip knows you work here."

Harley smirks to herself. "At least I left my impact."